Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
Deja Moo
Enthusiast
Deja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PaperWhite
Saving Browser Pages

I finally got WiFi installed on my internet connection, and have been discovering the "joys" of the quick google and wikipedia look-up. Maybe I missed it, but I can't seem to find any way to save a long article for later reading. Any help out there?
Deja Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
billsmugs
billsmugs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
If you press "menu" then "Add to bookmarks", the page will be saved. If you want to read it later on the Kindle, just enter the web browser, press "menu" then select "Bookmarks" and choose the link.

If you want to access the page on your PC, you can put the cursor on the bookmark, press right on the 5-way controller then edit the bookmark name to a full stop. This then displays the full URL (you may have to put the Kindle into landscape mode to see it all). If the address is still too long, you'll have to load the page then move the cursor around in the address bar, but for shorter links, this method can save some time.
billsmugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
You could also do up an HTML document with links and send that to your Kindle. I have one done and I find it easy to get to sites, easier than using the browser itself.

Here's a thread where another user gives a quick how-to.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147274
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Try www.sendtoreader.com Works great for me.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote