Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
rocknel
rocknel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How long does it take for High Compression with MobilePocket Creator

Hi,
I understand that this section is for Calibre, but I could not find one for MobilePocket Creator.

I am compiling a dictionary (HTML 120MB) into .PRC format with MobilePocket Creator. I selected HIGH COMPRESSION, and it has been 15 hours.

The first progress bar shows 46%, the second one says "compression pass 5"

How many PASSes does it have to go through before it finishes? Is it 7 or 10 or 20?

Thanks.
rocknel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But remember, it's going to take longer to decompress and more battery to read this book. It's not worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknel View Post
I understand that this section is for Calibre, but I could not find one for MobilePocket Creator.
I think the closest you'll find here at mobileread is the Mobi forum.

Moderator Notice
Thread moved to Mobi forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
rocknel
rocknel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The last pass was probably 12 or 13. Took about 36 hours.

I don't have a device yet, so I don't know how much the decompression affects. Still waiting for Kindle Touch.

Thanks.
rocknel is offline   Reply With Quote