Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #586
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Just finished Dead Beat and wow, it was great. As usual it's left me wanting to buy the next one NOW. But I have to control myself, at $12 a book I can only have one a month .
Pookeysgirl, does your library carry Dresden? The Ontario Library Service has them if you live in an area that they encompass.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #587
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Pookeysgirl, does your library carry Dresden? The Ontario Library Service has them if you live in an area that they encompass.
I'm in Burlington. Unfortunately they don't carry Mobi here . And I don't see anything by Jim Butcher in epub either.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #588
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm in Burlington. Unfortunately they don't carry Mobi here . And I don't see anything by Jim Butcher in epub either.
I became a member of a local rural library for $25 and have access to the Ontario Library Service. My membership was paid for after borrowing 2 ebooks! My grandmother has a membership that I could use also, since she doesn't have a computer. Maybe something like that would work for you?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #589
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I became a member of a local rural library for $25 and have access to the Ontario Library Service. My membership was paid for after borrowing 2 ebooks! My grandmother has a membership that I could use also, since she doesn't have a computer. Maybe something like that would work for you?
I'll see if that will work for me Karma coming your way!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #590
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
I'll see if that will work for me Karma coming your way!
Thank you! Here's the link to the Overdrive site.

Back to regularly scheduled Dresden discussion...
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #591
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The cast of The River is an ensemble including Paul Blackthorne and is aired Tuesday evenings on ABC (in the USA). Paul, like in the other productions he's appeared in on American TV (excluding Sci Fi Channel's The Dresden Files) speaks like the Englishman that he actually is. Give it a look-see!

Thanks for the tip! I've now got my media center PC set up to record the series since it conflicts with another show I watch. The first eps are also on the ABC web site for viewing.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #592
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The River

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post

Thanks for the tip! I've now got my media center PC set up to record the series since it conflicts with another show I watch. The first eps are also on the ABC web site for viewing.
You're very welcome.

Oops!

Yes they are, which is why I pointed the link labled 'The River' to that ABC page, but then neglected to mention the fact that you could see the prior episodes there (which, by the way, displayed very nicely on my 52" TV although the ads were a PITA) in my post .
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #593
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Where'd everybody go?!

It appeared that a discussion of the Dresdenverse compared to the Potterverse was starting up, but it now appears to have dissapeared.

Is everyone participating here aware of the web site called Wizards Harry.com? A good place to get info on both 'verses.

Here's my Two Harrys collection! The four compilations (titled Wizard for...... ) contain the first nine books in the series.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Harrys.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	82558  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #594
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love that site!

I'm currently on "Last Call" in Side Jobs, as I get ready to start Turn Coat. Oh, it's good to be back in the Dresdenverse. I plan to spend Valentine's Day with Harry.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #595
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
I love that site!

I'm currently on "Last Call" in Side Jobs, as I get ready to start Turn Coat. Oh, it's good to be back in the Dresdenverse. I plan to spend Valentine's Day with Harry.
Right now I'm watching today's new episode of 'Lost Girl'. I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series and am on the last 3 chapters of 'Half Blood Prince' this evening. I'm Looking forward to the release next week of Kim Harrison's 'A Perfect Blood', the 10th book in The Hollows series. Not the Dresdenverse but it'll have to do for right now!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #596
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Right now I'm watching today's new episode of 'Lost Girl'. I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series and am on the last 3 chapters of 'Half Blood Prince' this evening. I'm Looking forward to the release next week of Kim Harrison's 'A Perfect Blood', the 10th book in The Hollows series. Not the Dresdenverse but it'll have to do for right now!
I plan to re-read Harry Potter, and start The Hollows, but I decided to take the series one at a time.

Turn Coat is starting out with the unexpected. Only a few pages in. Gonna be a good one, I can feel it.

What am I saying? They all are good ones!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #597
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
I plan to re-read Harry Potter, and start The Hollows, but I decided to take the series one at a time.

Turn Coat is starting out with the unexpected. Only a few pages in. Gonna be a good one, I can feel it.

What am I saying? They all are good ones!

Yeah, I was floored in the first chapter both times that I read 'Turn Coat'!

I've read all 9 of The Hollows books, and like I said earlier I am looking forward to the release of the new one.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #598
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I'm now in a week long reading slump, not from a lack of interest, but from a lack of time. I've been subbing a lot, which is good financially, but I've been coming home a little more tired than usual, and settling in with the boob-tube instead of a book.

I'll need to restart Blood Rites, and actually start Tender is the Night if I hope to participate in this month's book club selection.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #599
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:

I've read all 9 of The Hollows books, and like I said earlier I am looking forward to the release of the new one.
Me too! I'm caught up on both Dresden and the Hollows, and just waiting for the new books. I'm not expecting Perfect Blood to advance the series plot too much though. My feeling is that it is a crime-case novel bridging the gap before the series finale in the last couple of books. I guess we'll see!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #600
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Alan, are we ever going to find out more about Mac? I feel like there's a really interesting back story for him.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy