Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
cakefordinner
cakefordinner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and iPhone 4
Question Newest version (8.20) crashes often on iMac

It's generally when I delete items from the app, after I've converted. I get a big "this is why it crashed," again, window and I can click OK or Reopen.

Contrary to what the instructions say, I delete all ebooks after converting/changing the metadata (there is a lot of crappy formatting going around, out there. LOL) to my likes. I see no reason to keep my ebooks in the Calibre Library since they're synced to my iPad and iPhone, on my iMac, with a backup on an external drive. I don't need them in 3 different places.

When I'm done, I'm done. I'm not going to re-convert them or tweak them again.

Anyway, this newest version crashes 6 times out of 10 when I go to delete ebooks. Doesn't matter if it's 1 ebook or 20. Half the time I have to manually delete the Author folder from the calibre library, too. Although, this is an improvement over the previous versions as the empty Author folder would never delete.

Anyone else having this issue with this newest version? I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and it's a fairly new iMac (purchased 9 months ago) with all idevices updated and current.

Last edited by cakefordinner; 09-30-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
cakefordinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefordinner View Post
Anyway, this newest version crashes 6 times out of 10 when I go to delete ebooks. Doesn't matter if it's 1 ebook or 20. Half the time I have to manually delete the Author folder from the calibre library, too. Although, this is an improvement over the previous versions as the empty Author folder would never delete.
It seems to me the only reason the folder wouldn't delete is if you have the folder open when you go to delete the books in calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
cakefordinner
cakefordinner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It seems to me the only reason the folder wouldn't delete is if you have the folder open when you go to delete the books in calibre.
No, I actually back all the way out of the calibre Library folder and it still happens. Never mind; I just got notification of an update (8.21), so the issue may be moot. Thanks, anyway.
cakefordinner is offline   Reply With Quote