Fictionwise 30 22.39%
Other (Specify in comments) 18 13.43%
iBooks 53 39.55%
Google Books 22 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
How come your polls are missing Google's bookstore?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
I've never bought from Sony because usually they don't have what I want.

I've not bought from B&N because I didn't really need to. I only kept my nook for a few days and they required a CC# before allowing me to d/l free books. Never got into the habit.

I've never bought an ebook from Amazon but I have a slew of their free books.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I'll buy from any of those stores but I'll never buy from iBooks.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 08-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #19
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
How come your polls are missing Google's bookstore?
Because I'm a moron.

I forgot iBooks, too. We'll need either a moderator or a new poll.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
(I have used the Kindle for PC app, but because the BIG SALE was too much of a draw for me to turn up my nose at the application. Plus I'm told you can directly download Kindle books -- I just don't know how.)
Well.... I guess I sorta' told a fib. You can download files directly from "Manage My Kindle" webpage, but... It appears it will only allows downloads for a physical kindle. Doesn't appear to allow any of the apps.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post

I've not bought from B&N because I didn't really need to. I only kept my nook for a few days and they required a CC# before allowing me to d/l free books. Never got into the habit.

I've never bought an ebook from Amazon but I have a slew of their free books.
Amazon also requires a credit card on file for any book downloads if I'm not mistaken.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I've never bought form Fictionwise & seldom buy from B&N, Sony & Amazon.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Amazon also requires a credit card on file for any book downloads if I'm not mistaken.
Unless they've recently changed it - no. I believe you used to have to have a credit card on file to pre-order a book and I don't know if that has changed or not. There used to be much discussion about it. But you could put a credit card in, pre-order the book, and then remove the credit card. As long as you have a gift card balance the book will process.

To buy, a gift card balance will do. You don't need a credit card.

I mostly avoid Barnes and Noble as my revenge against my local store staff .... who used to provide some of the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. I hold grudges like that.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #24
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
When I had a Sony, I never bought from Sony. I hated their software and pulled it off and replaced it with Calibre as soon as I found out I could. Never bought from Kobo, never plan too. Nothing against them, I just don't see a purpose.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Never bought from Fictionwise or Sony, just no reason to.
I also checked other to account for the unforgivable oversight of leaving out the iBooks store. How can we properly bash Apple if you don't include it? Huh?

I guess other also takes in all the other stores I'm vaguely aware of but have not had any reason to shop at, like Diesel and Books on Board, etc.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #26
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Never bought from Kobo, never plan too. Nothing against them, I just don't see a purpose.
Before ̶m̶a̶f̶i̶a̶ agency pricing, the purpose would have been: "COUPONS, BABY! COUPONS!"

Now, the coupons seem far fewer and less useful. Haven't noticed a decent offer in a while.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #27
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Barnes & Noble,

their DRM, if it's not agency priced its (at least in the books I have shopped for) always highest priced at B&N, the website does not make for the best shopping experience...

the last book i bought was 12.99 at amazon, 13.19 at kobo and 14.99 at B&N I googled for a kobo coupon and got it for 10.99
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #28
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
I gave up on Books on Board after the third time they erased large chunks of my wish list and my complaints were met with a "so what, you can put them back" attitude.
Thanks! Now I know I'm not imagining that my wishlist was longer...

I will not buy from Apple iBooks, period, since they instigated agency pricing. I avoid B&N. For both Apple and B&N, I don't like their special flavors of DRM. I would buy more from B&N if Kobo or Sony would also adopt the same DRM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #29
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I hold grudges like that.

That would be a rare and very karma-worthy projection of humanity to the virtual world.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #30
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
No iPple iBooks.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote