Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
MyPreciousss
In search of the precious
MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, PSP Slim CFW, iTouch 1G, PocketViewer, Nokia 6270
Kindle 3/G. Auto page turn?

I used to read on ReadManiac on my cellphone.

It had the awesome feature of auto-scrolling

It appears Kindle1 had a similar feature but is no longer in K2+

The only option for auto page turn in K3 seems to enable TTS and take the volume to zero. But since TTS is actually working in the background, this eats up the battery.

So on Kindle 3, is there a way for auto-page-turn without enabling TTS?

Last edited by MyPreciousss; 08-13-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added links
MyPreciousss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, there isn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
MyPreciousss
MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can this be developed?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPreciousss View Post
Can this be developed?

[QUOTE=ovaldisk;1700195 I just read a cool and useful new feature on the upcoming Kindle 4. Apparently
it has a [B]front facing camera.[/B] No, it's not used
for photos or video chat. The camera tracks the movement of your eye as you read.
When you eye has focused on the last word of the page(right bottom corner), the
new Kindle 4 will automatically go to the next page after a 1-second delay. This
means you no longer have to manually press a button to go to the next page.
(this feature can be turned on and off, but is shipped turned on by default)

Since my KSO 3G was purchased only 10 days ago, I'll probably return or exchange
it for the Kindle 4, based on this featuer alone.[/QUOTE
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
MyPreciousss

It's just a patent yet.

and by develop i mean using launchpad or something... I'll get on it, it must be possible....
Advert