Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 05:43 AM   #16
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
W.H. Smith and Waterstones stopped selling to Australia some months ago.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:50 AM   #17
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
W.H. Smith and Waterstones stopped selling to Australia some months ago.
Bummer. I'll move them to under don't sell to AU then.

It is curious that they did and now don't. Guess publishers changed things on them, or maybe their location checking was no good?
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 07:00 AM   #18
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
I was thinking of Booko.com.au. I used to rely on them heaps for printed books, and they appear to include ebooks in their searches now, though quite frankly searching for ebooks isn't very good yet. Still, according to their FAQ, they're open to adding more ebook stores.

Regarding Smashwords, it's only really a venue I use if there's indie works I've read about in a blog review, thought sounded interesting based on posts in MR's Author Self-Promotion forum, or have been recommended to me. Similarly with backlisted works. It's just too hard to find interesting books there if casually browsing or if typing a random title in.
Interesting re:booko. Used for physical books a lot so I'll have to checkout for ebooks. I've used luzme.com and bookant for ebooks, but both seem US/UK orientated. Even the pricing is what is available for US I believe as it is often different to what is present to someone in AU, and some books arn't even available for this location. Calibre book search isn't too bad either, but same issues.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #19
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
@amward: thanks for the feedback. Added BeWrite and Diesel to the list above. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the BeWrite landing page, so style over funciton there, but it's ok once in.
Funny you should say that, I love that old style bookshop look.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #20
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Funny you should say that, I love that old style bookshop look.
Fair enough. Personally the font looks horrid to me: very unclear. Using same font for links and non-link sections is also poor going meaning you have to hover your cursor around to see what you can click. Once you are past the front page the whole design changes too. Truthfully if I was reviewing the design and usability of that landing page I would score it rather low. I think the same effect could be achieved in a much nicer manner.
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #21
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. It's nice to have a discussion about different view points which isn't taken personally.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree then. It's nice to have a discussion about different view points which isn't taken personally.
Is that even allowed here? I thought EVERY discussion with opposing views called for mud slinging!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #23
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Is that even allowed here? I thought EVERY discussion with opposing views called for mud slinging!
Them's fighting words, mister!
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
molman
Evangelist

I can see who the trouble makers around here are. A Australian/Canadian tag team.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

HEY! I resemble that! Quick.. have a
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
HEY! I resemble that! Quick.. have a
Bit early here. Maybe later
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #28
amward
Wizard

Quote:
I can see who the trouble makers around here are. A Australian/Canadian tag team.
Must be the Canadian, you know how easy to get along with us Aussies are.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #29
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Bit early here. Maybe later
But you know it'a always beer o'clock somewhere on MR.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #30
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
But you know it'a always beer o'clock somewhere on MR.
Like right now - just hit 5pm on Thursday here in New Zealand and I'm going to wind down with a glass of wine (and my kobo)
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote