Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #16
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I pasted your code into Sigil 3.4 and My terms into the S&R.
I then Searched. Verified what it found...
Then I clicked Replace
you can see the results
[cut out text]

EDIT: Hahaha never mind. I was on current file only. Sorry. I think I've got it. I'll post back in the morning to tell you if it worked.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Hi. So I went through and did what you suggested. It worked perfectly except for one thing. Your modifications were for the metadata TOC. I am actually trying to modify the in-book TOC, as mobi files cannot read metadata TOC's, and I use a Kindle. Therefore, the problem is with the links in-book. Is there any way, using Sigil, to change where a link points, so that I could manually go through these links and change each one to point to the correct place? I know that Calibre can add a TOC at the end of the book, but that would not get rid of the incorrect TOC. Anyway, does this question make sense? Thanks for the ongoing assistance.
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
Hi. So I went through and did what you suggested. It worked perfectly except for one thing. Your modifications were for the metadata TOC. I am actually trying to modify the in-book TOC, as mobi files cannot read metadata TOC's, and I use a Kindle. Therefore, the problem is with the links in-book. Is there any way, using Sigil, to change where a link points, so that I could manually go through these links and change each one to point to the correct place? I know that Calibre can add a TOC at the end of the book, but that would not get rid of the incorrect TOC. Anyway, does this question make sense? Thanks for the ongoing assistance.
No, other than by hand .

Remove the bad one (unless there is really special styling you want to preserve and use Calibre to make your Mobi. AFAIK, it will use the EPUB TOC to build a new inline TOC
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
lunixer
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No, other than by hand .

Remove the bad one (unless there is really special styling you want to preserve and use Calibre to make your Mobi. AFAIK, it will use the EPUB TOC to build a new inline TOC
I was hoping there was a way to keep the TOC where it is in the file at the moment. As of now, Calibre puts the new TOC at the end of the file. Could I remove the current inline one, then do what you told me to to make a new metadata one, convert in Calibre to add the new one at the end, and then cut/paste to put it back where it was initially? I'm not sure if there would be some CSS/HTML problem with doing this.

And if not, how do I go about changing where links point in Sigil? I can't even find a way to create a link, much less choose where it points. I'm sure that there has to be some easy way to do this from book view, but I can't find it. I have looked through the Sigil manual.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #20
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
if the inline TOC exists as a separate .xhtml file (say, TOC.xhtml), and all you want to do is change the position of the TOC in the book (say, from the end to just after the copyright page) in Sigil all you have to do is drag the TOC file (in book view) to the position you want it to be.

This feature may be munged up in version 0.4.0-RC1, however. And it won't work for any version if you're running under linux with the KDE desktop environment. (Not without some hacking of the sigil.sh startup file, anyway.)
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #21
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
if the inline TOC exists as a separate .xhtml file (say, TOC.xhtml), and all you want to do is change the position of the TOC in the book (say, from the end to just after the copyright page) in Sigil all you have to do is drag the TOC file (in book view) to the position you want it to be.

This feature may be munged up in version 0.4.0-RC1, however. And it won't work for any version if you're running under linux with the KDE desktop environment. (Not without some hacking of the sigil.sh startup file, anyway.)
i've done that successfully in version 0.4.0-rc1.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote