Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #976
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I am listening to "Scream for Me" by Karen Rose. The narrator does an awesome job, I listed to the first in the series "Die for Me" and loved it. I got all three in the series from Overdrive.
I have listened to those. I really really enjoyed them!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #977
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've been listening to more GBS plays from the LA Theatre Works while swimming this holiday weekend. I thought The Devil's Disciple was marred by two poor female performances, although it had a wonderful one by Pat Carroll. The Doctor's Dilemma and Major Barbara were terrific.

I've had a hankering for yet another Aubrey/Maturin, of course, but I'm trying to resist. Once I can't swim any more, it'll be easier.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #978
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
What a slog. I'm totally fed up with the Michelle Sagara series. I just want to finish the book and get on with something I'll enjoy! (I know, I know, but I wasted a perfectly good Audible credit on this book, and I only have a little over an hour to go.) This series was a pleasure to read at the beginning, but has totally degenerated into ridiculous and overblown fantasy without any apparent attempt to have a consistent universe. Got a problem? No problem, just twist the universe or give Kaitlan another power. Sheesh.
Thank goodness that is done. A 2 out of 5.

Next up Carousel Sun, by Sharon Lee. And for the pool, an Aubrey/Maturin, H.M.S Surprise.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #979
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I'm about 3 hours into Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett and I'm just now getting used to the narrator, Stephen Briggs. It's the first book I've listened to where he's the narrator-- before I'd only gotten Nigel Planer ones.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #980
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I deviated from my plan to listen to Edward Stewart's Ballerina when I saw Audible's deal on Catherine Pelonero's Kitty Genovese the other day. I've always been fascinated by the Kitty Genovese murder, but as I'm listening I realize how little I knew about the actual facts of the case that became a lasting symbol of urban apathy.

The narrator is Dina Pearlman; her reading is straightforward and a little dry, but it seems to suit the material. I wouldn't want a lot of different character voices for witness statements and reports here; it would seem jarring.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #981
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thank goodness that is done. A 2 out of 5.

Next up Carousel Sun, by Sharon Lee. And for the pool, an Aubrey/Maturin, H.M.S Surprise.
Finished Carousel Sun, and really enjoyed this re-read. I read it in eBook format when the book was first released, but the Audible version wasn't available until just now. Elizabeth Rodgers does a superb job narrating this book. Her Maine accent sounds perfect to my admittedly non-Maine ears, and her pacing and character separation are excellent, without the use of weird voices.

For those not familiar with the Archer's Beach series, this is the second in the series, with the first being Carousel Tides. These Maine Fantasies are a complete departure from the author's Liaden Universe series of Space Operas, but equally well written. Highly recommended.

Next up, Frederica by Georgette Heyer. This will be a combined eBook and audio book read.

Last edited by CRussel; 09-17-2014 at 01:57 PM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #982
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I finished the Kitty Genovese book, and resisted the temptation to reread Good Neighbors, which is a fictionalized version of the story. So I'm listening to Ballerina, and enjoying it a lot. The narrator, Angela Goethals, starts out reading so slooooowly that I seriously considered changing the playback speed, but after a chapter or so, her pace seemed to pick up, or maybe I just got attuned to it, but in any case, it sounds find now, and overall she's doing a nice job with the story.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #983
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I'm still listening to Diana Gabaldon books. I finished Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade -- it took me a while to get into it, but I enjoyed it at the end.

I have been trying to read The Fiery Cross, but iTunes has been giving me grief over my audiobooks and now it plays without sound. Which is an issue for another thread. However, this is the book I am going to say that I am listening to, even if I can't hear any of it.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #984
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
<snip> I have been trying to read The Fiery Cross, but iTunes has been giving me grief over my audiobooks and now it plays without sound. Which is an issue for another thread. However, this is the book I am going to say that I am listening to, even if I can't hear any of it.
When I read that the first thing I thought of was one of Superman's most notable early radio adventures: "Clan of The Fiery Cross," wherein the Man of Steel turned his attention to disabling the "Clan of the Fiery Cross," a thinly disguised stand-in for the Ku Klux Klan.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #985
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I was puzzled when I finished what was supposed to be 9 hours of Pyramids by Terry Pratchett. Turned out, my library had the abridged copy, not the unabridged. I notified them (it wasn't marked) and bought it from Audible. Now listening to it. Wow... just the first couple of chapters were missing a lot.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #986
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Just finished listening to the Wil Wheton (sp?) of John Scalzi's Lock in. A really good book. Interesting, the novella at the end, which deals with the back story of Lock in is as good as the actual novel. (the novella is a series of interviews kind of like World War Z). Scalzi's last two novels have really, really been good.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #987
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Just finished listening to the Wil Wheton (sp?) of John Scalzi's Lock in. A really good book. Interesting, the novella at the end, which deals with the back story of Lock in is as good as the actual novel. (the novella is a series of interviews kind of like World War Z). Scalzi's last two novels have really, really been good.
I'm in the middle of finishing all of the short stories from "The Human Division" right now, and I couldn't agree with you more. I am enjoying him more with each title I read.
skinmaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #988
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I have about an hour to go in "Shattered" by Kevin Hearne. After that, probably a Sackett novel.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #989
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Just finished "the Marco Effect: A Department Q Novel". I've enjoyed all books in the series, but thought this one was particularly good.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #990
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Now I'm listening to Surface Tension by Christine Kling its the first in her Seychelle Sullivan series it's ok, a little predictable reminds me of the Nancy Drew books I read when I was a girl only with more murders
Well that certainly got very dark, I didn't particularly expect that but I liked the character and locale enough to try the second in the series.

Now listening to Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations