Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Woot is AWESOME

Guys who bought the Woot PE keep in mind that they are an awesome company to deal with.

After mine got bricked I sent them an email explaining that it won't boot. They immediately e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label and said that a replacement will be shipped out immediately. It's almost as if they anticipated this problem. (I suppose that when you're selling hardware from a defunct company then you have to take this into account)

I have made some progress at unbricking mine and if it works I will then email them back and tell them that a replacement is no longer necessary.

I know a lot of us on here now bought ours from Woot.com and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that if people see something they like on Woot.com they shouldn't hesitate to purchase from them... and no I'm not just talking about their "Bottles Of Cola" either!

Also if you're having any hardware problems with your Woot.com PE then they WILL take care of you.

I see 1saleaday.com is now selling the same thing at the same exact price (actually a penny cheaper with shipping). It will be interesting to see if people who purchased from them get as good a warranty service as Woot.com provides!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I too love woot, and though I haven't yet had to take them up on their replacement policy, I'm sure that they would be a great company to deal with in that way. Sadly, I haven't yet gotten a BoC in any of the woot off's, and the last one didn't even have one go up, some people think woot might be done with them
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
No they didn't have one because their birthday was earlier that week (tuesday) and they sold a bunch of BoC's then instead.

I've actually gotten seven BoC's... five of which were not really worth it. My first one came with two Sansa Mp3 players and a whole bunch of assorted junk (some broke but most not). My second BoC came with a 24" monitor, and a kid's golf bag. The monitor works great and I've been using it for 20 months now with no problems! Not a bad haul for $8!

I have a feeling they only sold 50% of their PE inventory (or something like that) and reserved the others for potential exchanges. After a few months I wouldn't be surprised to see the remainder of their stock get slipped into people's BoC's!

I'm half tempted to buy a spare from 1saleaday though! I bought this one for my G/F but I end up playing with it myself more frequently!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
jmgazer
jmgazer began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
Guys who bought the Woot PE keep in mind that they are an awesome company to deal with.

After mine got bricked I sent them an email explaining that it won't boot. They immediately e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label and said that a replacement will be shipped out immediately. It's almost as if they anticipated this problem. (I suppose that when you're selling hardware from a defunct company then you have to take this into account)

I have made some progress at unbricking mine and if it works I will then email them back and tell them that a replacement is no longer necessary.

I know a lot of us on here now bought ours from Woot.com and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that if people see something they like on Woot.com they shouldn't hesitate to purchase from them... and no I'm not just talking about their "Bottles Of Cola" either!

Also if you're having any hardware problems with your Woot.com PE then they WILL take care of you.

I see 1saleaday.com is now selling the same thing at the same exact price (actually a penny cheaper with shipping). It will be interesting to see if people who purchased from them get as good a warranty service as Woot.com provides!
Me too, mine got stuck at "initializing" had to hit reset to turn off. It would load new software, but end up frozen at initializing. Will return it tomorrow. I suspect the battery or batteries; after charging all night the red light blinks after an hour or so of trying to get it to boot.

Jim
Worked wonderfully for a week, I realy like it.

Last edited by jmgazer; 07-18-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: second thought
jmgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Just think about how cheap they bought that lot of devices . . . they must have got them for like $30-40 a pop for the amount they are charging . . .
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Just think about how cheap they bought that lot of devices . . . they must have got them for like $30-40 a pop for the amount they are charging . . .
liquidation sale......I wonder if we are going to see the Kobo touch on woot.com soon..................hmmmmmmmmm makes you think....at $99 might not be a bad deal, though i wonder if the kobo touch will work with overdrive (so i can borrow ebooks from my local library).
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
When I bought an Augen 7" tablet from Woot, it was truly a steaming loaf. They found out that they had sold the wrong model and practically begged to get it back.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote