Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Ridan Publishing DRM Free $3.99

Just came accross Ridan Publishing http://www.ridanpublishing.com

(Basically I was looking for Haldeman's The Forever War in epub for the UK)

Limited selection (Just a few authors) but I got a well formated DRM / GR Free epub (they also do mobi, palm, lrf etc) for $3.99

Old school low tech processing - pay by PayPal and they will email you the book in a day or two - so, if your into instant gratification, you've had it.

Selection seems to be mostly multi award winning Speculative Science Fiction (With a leaning toward military) - Books by the following authors are available.
Bryce Anderson
Joe Haldeman
Nathan Lowell
Leslie Ann Moore
Michael J. Sullivan
Marshall S. Thomas
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Just came accross Ridan Publishing http://www.ridanpublishing.com

(Basically I was looking for Haldeman's The Forever War in epub for the UK)
Thanks for this. They look like a good outfit. I'll certainly be buying some direct from them in the future.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks for the info, I just ordered a copy of The Forever War.

FYI, from their site...
Quote:
NOTE: Ebooks are not automatically downloaded, we "ship" ebooks by emailing to your account on the next business day.
EDIT: I see the OP mentioned this, guess I missed it (just wanted to warn folks what to expect).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-15-2011 at 03:07 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I found the site earlier when I was looking for the rest of the books by Nathan Lowell and noticed that a couple of other MR authors (Michael J. Sullivan and Todd A Fonseca) were also listed there.

I had purchased the books from other sites, but did note the below from their "About" page.
Quote:
Where can I buy Ridan books?
All books produce by Ridan are available on-line at major retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository and dozens of other venues. They are also available through virtually any bookstore via Ingram and Baker & Taylor Distribution services. In general, books from small publishers are not routinely stocked (as shelf space is limited, and in many cases paid for by the big-six NY publishers). This being said, though, readers can always go the information desk with the ISBN of a Ridan title and order them there. In some cases, the book store may require pre-payment as we use POD (print on demand) which eliminates the need for warehousing.

While you can obtain Ridan books through standard distribution channels, doing so has a significant impact on the amount of money flowing to the author. Retail chains can take 40% - 60% off the top. We therefore provide direct purchasing through our website and you can even have the books signed (and dedicated). To thank you for buying direct, Ridan offers substantial discounts.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just got my book via email. At first glance everything appears well formatted.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I've ordered all 5 [so far] of Michael Sullivan's books. Great series. And the formatting has been topnotch too.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote