Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
keyboard blah!!!!!!!! and the white and bronze color scheme is somewhat distracting. the Screen should be gorgous though. Hopefully a new bar has been set.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
They might be necessary for heavy typing (I mean heavy for an ereader).
What is strange is that their website has a different image for the reader. And it's sold out.
that one is a previous generation. Sold out more than likely due to it being discontinued.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Benjamin Buford
Nameless Being

Only today (by reading news about the Google reader) I noticed the iRiver Story HD... and yet I am regretting that I ordered a Kobo Touch, because of the iRiver's gorgeous screen alone. And I thought we wouldn't see big advances in e-ink in 2011

On the other hand, I do not like that keyboard, and the implication of alot of stuff I simply don't want on an ereader.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Wonder if you'll be able to sideload books? The Google Books app doesn't allow it.

Quote:
You can also store your personal ebooks library in the cloud—picking up where you left off in any ebook you’re reading as you move from laptop to smartphone to e-reader to tablet.
Are they referring to non-Google books? Do they mean access your non-Google books via browser? Or will the Google Books app be updated for this?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Buford View Post
Only today (by reading news about the Google reader) I noticed the iRiver Story HD... and yet I am regretting that I ordered a Kobo Touch, because of the iRiver's gorgeous screen alone. And I thought we wouldn't see big advances in e-ink in 2011

Eink the company said there wouldnt be any new from them this year. iRiver's HD display is built by LG(LG and iRiver Joint Venture ) using eink display film material. It's Pearl eink film on LGs custom backplane
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

funny if you watch the video at engadget from January they nearly gave away the Google partnership then

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/i...ader-hands-on/

"uhh. we partnered with aaaa... content partner that has a very large scale of free and paid content"

it does have onboard storage and sdhc so of course you'll be able to load any of your own non drm epub or ADE drm content. Google Books does not allow you to upload your own stuff at this time. so only content you get through them will be in the cloud.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #22
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Eink the company said there wouldnt be any new from them this year. iRiver's HD display is built by LG(LG and iRiver Joint Venture ) using eink display film material. It's Pearl eink film on LGs custom backplane
Is that back panel glass or plastic?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #23
@.@
@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Where did you find the information that it's the "pearl" screen that LG uses?
@.@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #24
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
when will these guys learn that a tablet-like device truly demands handwriting-like text input? Keyboard is but a sorry excuse of an input for a device that is hold in one hand with only a free hand to spare...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
when will these guys learn that a tablet-like device truly demands handwriting-like text input? Keyboard is but a sorry excuse of an input for a device that is hold in one hand with only a free hand to spare...
You mean like a cell phone?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #26
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by @.@ View Post
Where did you find the information that it's the "pearl" screen that LG uses?

At CES in January when i spoke with the LG people.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #27
@.@
@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.@.@ is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRiver Story HD
Quote:
At CES in January when i spoke with the LG people.
Thank you
@.@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #28
halipleumon
halipleumon began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 350
this reader seems really neat. if only it weren't for the keyboard on the bottom....
halipleumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #29
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Is that back panel glass or plastic?
it is glass as far as i know. It would not be plastic in any case. LGs flexible display is metal foil backed. they had prepared for the 9.7" and larger displays to be made using the metal foil tech but I have not heard if they have pushed it down to the 6" size
Old 07-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #30
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You mean like a cell phone?
huh? I don't think most cellphones have handwriting recognition. But yeah, even something akin to swype is better than keyboards, physical or virtual...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote