Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Angry Robot Books signs Paul S. Kemp

The million selling U.S. author of bestselling titles for Star Wars and Forgotten Realms has signed with Angry Robot for a new series of original fantasy novels. Another baby-step in the drm-free direction.

Link to the announcement

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-19-2011 at 11:25 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Very cool. It looks like AR has a few authors I recognize.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Angry Robot puts out some really edgy, interesting stuff. I don't know who this Kemp fella is but I like the company alot.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Very cool. It looks like AR has a few authors I recognize.
If you haven't read the Angry Robot-published "Zoo City" by Lauren Beukes (Clarke Award winner, current Campbell Award nominee) bump it up your list. Excellent stuff
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
I would appreciate any other recommendations from AR. I wouldn't mind buying from them , but I really don't know anything about them.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I would appreciate any other recommendations from AR. I wouldn't mind buying from them , but I really don't know anything about them.
To be honest i've got a chunk of their releases but i've only read 1 of them (giant backlog).

If anything they seem to specialize in Neil Gaiman-esque dark fantasy and near future dystopias.

The one I did read was Nekropolis by Tim Waggoner. It involves a detective working the streets of hell. I enjoyed it and there's 2 more books in the series that I haven't gotten to yet.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
If you haven't read the Angry Robot-published "Zoo City" by Lauren Beukes (Clarke Award winner, current Campbell Award nominee) bump it up your list. Excellent stuff
I'll have to check it out, thanks.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
If you're into dark(er) military scifi, Dan Abnett is considered one of the best. Embedded is no exception.

I can't vouch for the steampunk novels from AR, but I've read several of Lavie Tidhar's short stories from other publications and found them to be excellent. Tidhar's The Bookman will probably be my next purchase from AR--and yes... James Blaylock's endorsement is a big part of the reason why.

EDIT: I just noticed that The Bookman is on sale for 99p at Amazon for UK customers. It still appears to be DRM free.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-20-2011 at 07:05 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote