Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
I suggest that you burn your books (never thought I'd say that - lol) on a cd.
If your computer crashes - you might lose everything and - eventually - your Kobo's memory will be full.
So far, I don't keep the books I've read.
I know that there'll be some I'll want to keep - I might email them to myself (if the space required is ok - I've never done that).
But, my suggestion is that whatever you want to keep = goes on a usb key, cd or external memory disk.

...but I've got to mention - I'm no pro at this - I learn a lot of things by reading most of the posts in here.

...what I am getting real good at though, is maneuvering my Kobo. God send us Jesus and then he sent us Kobo... That's 2 miracles! Yes, I really like my Kobo...
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #17
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle reader for PC
Great, thanks for the tip - and thank you everyone, for all the helpful info!
jodykihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #18
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Yes, they are stored on your computer but in a form that is only accessible by the Desktop application.

If you also download the ADOBE DRM EPUB, available under your purchase history, it can be read by Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre and all e-readers than accept side-loaded ePubs.

Any site that sells ePubs with Adobe DRM to Canadians. This would exclude Barnes & Noble and Apple. The only one that I have used is the Sony Store. In addition to commercial sites, there are some that have public domain books which are free. One example is Project Gutenberg.
Eh...No Calibre, unless Alf has been there. Or D*rkRe****er
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #19
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Seems it is now a swear word on this forum, even thought everyone uses it *Cough* Mods *Cough* No offence meant.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, files, kobo