Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Font file location?

I'm trying to help my brother who wants to use Calibre to format an ePub document with extra CSS code to either specify one of the Nook's built-in fonts, or reference a 3rd party font that is stored on the Nook. The examples I've found in related threads are for the Nook Classic.

Does the Nook STR store it's font files in the same location as the Nook Classic?

He has an unrooted Nook STR and, using Windows Explorer, can't see the font folder referenced in the CSS code examples, i.e. src: url('res:///system/fonts/FontFamilyName.ttf')

Not finding a fonts folder, I created one for a font set 'fonts' at the same level as 'My Documents'. That didn't work, or maybe I just don't know the proper syntax for referencing it. Is the 'src: url...' code case sensitive?

I'm posting this on the Nook forum because I think it's more of a Nook configuration question than a Calibre question. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You could embed the fonts in the ePub file, then use 'Publisher Defaults' instead of the builtin fonts. You'll need something other than calibre however.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I think Sigil will embed fonts. Sigil is freeware, just google it.