Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Joy Mistovich
Joy Mistovich began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Problems with the Highlighter Tool

Hi, Yesterday I was highlighting and taking notes on my Edge for an English paper. However, when I went to open the short stories with the highlighted texts, the highlighted areas were gone. Is there any way to retrieve the highlighted text and notes? Also, when I went to highlight text in another article on the reader screen, the highlighter tool wouldn't work, and for some reason, the reader app would quit on me.
Thanks, Joy
Joy Mistovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
what kind of file types are you trying to highlight? I think that you need to be using either an epub or a pdf with reflow on for it to work. Also, are you staying on the same zoom level when trying to see the highlights? I know that each zoom level keeps its own set of annotations, and did you save the annotations before closing the text?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Joy Mistovich

I am using a pdf file, and I am also using the same zoom level. I did save the annotations also.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Joy Mistovich

Sorry to make it confusing, but I just checked again and I am using an epub file.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Joy!

I had a similar problem the other day with my EE. I was trying to highlight so I could copy to Documents to Go, and my EE kept crashing to the start screen. I turned it off and then on again and it quit doing that.

I usually highlight so I can look things up on the LCD side and am glad the highlighting doesn't stay after I turn the page. I haven't tried to make it stick, but there must be a way to do it. Your notes should certainly be there when you come back . . . .

Are you still having trouble? If so maybe we can figure it out.

By the way, welcome to MobileRead!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Perhaps you've done what I recently did... I thought I was highlighting away and went back a page to check something and nothing on the page was highlighted. Checking other previous pages revealed the same thing and I was a bit miffed! I found out I didn't really have the highlighter tool on, it was the text selection tool instead and it looked exactly the same marking text. The easiest way to tell is in the top bar of the ereader, the highlighter tool should show a boxish marker on it to indicate it's selected.
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm sorry to say I was wrong in my previous post. I said I was "highlighting" when I was only "selecting" text.

When I tried it this morning after turning on the Annotate function, "highlighting" works as it should for me, staying put when I turn the page and come back.

I tested using an epub.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote