Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #61
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldtanooz View Post
I just ordered one from Borders... no error message or anything came up and I triple checked my address. So I guess they're shipping to Aus again?
I hope ordering direct from Borders works again but if not another option for you (I haven't used it yet but it is recommended by a few on MR) is Borderlinx which is a company that offers US addresses and accepts Australian credit cards.

www.borderlinx.com

Let us know how you go with your Border's order - have you received the shipping email yet?

Last edited by HarleyB; 07-18-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add link
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #62
Naeleah
Naeleah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Lilac
Oh sweet. Thanks HarleyB!!
Naeleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 AM   #63
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I wouldn't order anything from Borders US as it appears they will go into liquidation this week.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #64
Naeleah

Really? I read earlier this year that it might happen, but it looks like the Australian stores had it happen first.
It looks like our Borders Online, just like Angus & Robertson, are staying up and trading, its just the actual stores that have closed.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #65
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid so. Currently, if they don't receive an offer by Tuesday they can start liquidation Wednesday. This would affect both physical stores and online.
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #66
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeleah View Post
TedJ, an update. My cousin ordered her Kobo Touch the same day as me and they both shipped on the 28th June.
She just rang me and told me she just got hers, but i still havent gotten mine
Hopefully they arent too far away for us.
Ah bugger. My two shipped 27th and havn't yet arrived. Tomorrow hopefully as I'll be into week 4 of my wait.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #67
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I'm afraid so. Currently, if they don't receive an offer by Tuesday they can start liquidation Wednesday. This would affect both physical stores and online.
Hope mine arrives before this. Don't wan't to think about how fun it could get if it doesn't arrive, though I suppose worse case I could just get the CC company to just reverse charges as no goods or services would have been delivered.

Shame re: Borders, and that no one thought they could turn it around. Was a fair few jobs lost down here when Borders AU closed, though I imagine the 400 odd stores they are still running in the US is going to see a few people out of work.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #68
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
It's a bit of a ways off yet but I was going to get myself a touch for Christmas. So where from then?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #69
Manno03
Manno03 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch ( if I could order one)
wyldtanooz - the order ( using borders.com) seems to go through and then you get a cancellation email about 24 hours later. Good luck!
Manno03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #70
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Hope mine arrives before this. Don't wan't to think about how fun it could get if it doesn't arrive, though I suppose worse case I could just get the CC company to just reverse charges as no goods or services would have been delivered.

Shame re: Borders, and that no one thought they could turn it around. Was a fair few jobs lost down here when Borders AU closed, though I imagine the 400 odd stores they are still running in the US is going to see a few people out of work.
About 11,000 people will lose their jobs if the company is liquidated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
It's a bit of a ways off yet but I was going to get myself a touch for Christmas. So where from then?
I'm sure there will be a local retailer selling the Touch by then.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #71
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
About 11,000 people will lose their jobs if the company is liquidated.
Ouch. Plus there are all the flow on effects for businesses peripheral to Borders.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #72
Naeleah

Woohoo!!!!!!!! Mine has turned up today.
Haven't got it in my hot little hands yet, as hubby is bringing it out to me at lunch.
But YAY!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #73
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeleah View Post
Woohoo!!!!!!!! Mine has turned up today.
Haven't got it in my hot little hands yet, as hubby is bringing it out to me at lunch.
But YAY!!!!!!!!
Yeah mine too as I posted in the Volcanoes thread. Already loaded it up with some books etc.. All seems great so far. Glad I got it before Borders US stopped selling them due to folding. I'm sure they will make their way down here for local sale, but who knows how long that could be.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #74
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Glad I got it before Borders US stopped selling them due to folding. I'm sure they will make their way down here for local sale, but who knows how long that could be.
QFT

I admit, I would have been a little leery about ordering if I realised just how precarious Borders position was but so glad I did.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #75
wyldtanooz
wyldtanooz began at the beginning.

Device: None
Apparently mine shipped yesterday! Feeling very lucky at the moment!
wyldtanooz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kobo touch