Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
aidren
Edge User

Dingo Menus and PDF Reflow

In working with making annotations when in pdf reflow I am finding that the menus (on the bottom menu bar) hang sometimes. EG. -- choose pencil & a color -- menu hangs (stays open) and prevents you from writing a note. You have to choose another menu icon (on bottom) or toggle out of annotations (from top menu) and then toggle back on to resolve it.

I haven't reported this, yet, as I want to be sure I am not experiencing my own user issues, first.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
PonMan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
In working with making annotations when in pdf reflow I am finding that the menus (on the bottom menu bar) hang sometimes. EG. -- choose pencil & a color -- menu hangs (stays open) and prevents you from writing a note. You have to choose another menu icon (on bottom) or toggle out of annotations (from top menu) and then toggle back on to resolve it.

I haven't reported this, yet, as I want to be sure I am not experiencing my own user issues, first.
Aidren,
I cannot reproduce this, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Could you try just clicking the refresh icon when you believe the menu hangs? I am wondering if this is just a display/refresh issue where the Epaper screen refreshed early before the menu was gone from the frame buffer or if this is actually an issue where the menu itself doesn't close.

Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Hi PonMan,

In reflow -- It doesn't happen right off the bat. I chose the pencil, changed the color -- it worked. I then chose the paintbrush, changed the color -- it worked. Then I chose the pencil, changed the color -- it worked but lagged. Then I chose the paintbrush, changed the color and the color showed that it had changed in the menu bar but was not hilited in the menu and the menu didn't close. I also, then tried to change the stroke width and nothing. I then tried the refresh at the top menu bar and everything was still frozen. But, if I toggled the annotations off and on from the top menu bar icon, it cleared things up.

Oh oh! Just did this again, and when I toggled annotations from the top, this time, I seem to have lost all my annotations.

Another thing that begins happening is that when a tool is selected, the bar from the menu (if the menu does close) remains in reverse image until a note is written.

I know this is starting to get a bit complicated sounding, but this is pretty much the behaviour I was running into last night, except that, last night I didn't lose my annotations.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
fgruber
Edge User

It seems that when you are in reflow and make annotations then when you get out of reflow and try to make annotations the annotations made in reflow doesn't show. You need to go into reflow first and then go to annotations. So it seems that there are 2 sets of independent annotations modes. One for reflow and the other in normal mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
Hi PonMan,

In reflow -- It doesn't happen right off the bat. I chose the pencil, changed the color -- it worked. I then chose the paintbrush, changed the color -- it worked. Then I chose the pencil, changed the color -- it worked but lagged. Then I chose the paintbrush, changed the color and the color showed that it had changed in the menu bar but was not hilited in the menu and the menu didn't close. I also, then tried to change the stroke width and nothing. I then tried the refresh at the top menu bar and everything was still frozen. But, if I toggled the annotations off and on from the top menu bar icon, it cleared things up.

Oh oh! Just did this again, and when I toggled annotations from the top, this time, I seem to have lost all my annotations.

Another thing that begins happening is that when a tool is selected, the bar from the menu (if the menu does close) remains in reverse image until a note is written.

I know this is starting to get a bit complicated sounding, but this is pretty much the behaviour I was running into last night, except that, last night I didn't lose my annotations.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I think I might have seen that once so far, but at the time I just thought I hadn't clicked properly. I recall I ended up clicking somewhere else to get rid of the menu that wasn't closing.

Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
It seems that when you are in reflow and make annotations then when you get out of reflow and try to make annotations the annotations made in reflow doesn't show. You need to go into reflow first and then go to annotations. So it seems that there are 2 sets of independent annotations modes. One for reflow and the other in normal mode
Thanks for looking at this, too.... and, yes, I was aware of that. I posted that behaviour in a separate thread.

http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...DF-annotations

I actually had 2 sets in there. One on reflow and one on just a zoom level. I lost them both when reproducing the menu behaviour I was getting last night.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
PonMan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
This is correct. If you think about it, it would be impossible to support a single annotation view between both regular and reflow modes. If I circle some text or write in a margin with one view, when I switch to the other, my context is totally lost. The word I circled is in some other place now. We foresee most people deciding if regular PDf or reflow mode is best for a particular book, and sticking with that mode for that book.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I think I might have seen that once so far, but at the time I just thought I hadn't clicked properly. I recall I ended up clicking somewhere else to get rid of the menu that wasn't closing.
That worked once or twice for me, as well... but after that all sorts of strange things started to happen.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
aidren
Edge User

PonMan,

Have you been able to reproduce the problems?