Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
typenn84
Edge User

How do you update the edge, is there any cue that tell you it has actually updated

Ok Ive had this thing for awhile and before you tell me to look at the manual I already have.
Click on Home, select Setting, select edge Settings, select default device prefences, select update now.

Ok now here where the question really starts. Ive done this so many time and theres really no visual que into the process of the update, if it actually did it or anything. I had this issues since the day I bought it and the latest update was supposedly to fix the registartion issue which I still have.

I click update now and it says "check to to see if update availabe", an dthen "a new software update is available for you edge startign download now"
I click ok and that it.
I have tried this so many times in the month or two ive had this and it gives me the same screen every time. How do you know if it actually updated. Like I said earlier there is no status screen that you can goto after you click updates, there no visual that shows up to tell you the update was succesful or anything.

Everytime I turned on my edge my Last Software update seem to just change to when I hit the button even though my last check for update didnt change even though I never checked for an update ( I have auto update off).

As of typing this is seems my registration finally took. Still dont know how they updating works or if it was succesful/when it completed.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
typenn84
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The lack of any progress indication is a continual complaint here on these forums.

The full instructions for doing the update is here: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=100. This describes what to do and what happens at each step in the update process.
Thanks so much. After all this time I was thinking that I actually updated my edge I know now how wrong I am.

Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
dontpanic
Edge User

This is fixed in the latest release in a number of ways. We agree that it was likely confusing in the initial software build. You will see that after you upgrade to the Coyote builds, the eDGe provides lots of clues as to the status of an active upgrade.

DP