Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Thumbs up Just stopping by to say "Thank you!"

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have been lurking for a few months though.

For my birthday, very late in February, my husband gave me a PRS-950. I started playing with it, load it up with books, and since I am the kind of person whose last words inevitably will be "hm, I wonder what this button does?", I of course got myself into all sorts of weird problems with my new toy.

Since that happens to me quite a lot with electronic devices, I have become fully fluent in the art of Google searching, and was able to find solutions to my problems every single time. After a while I noticed that every solution I found that actually worked was from this forum, so in an effort to save myself time I simply bookmarked it and started to just search here rather than all over the internet.

Just a few minutes ago I ended up needing to do a hard reset on my 950. I tried a soft reset several times (since I am slightly insane ), but when that didn't work I went to the sticky thread in this forum, found directions on how to do a hard reset, and my reader is now functional again and in the process of re-downloading my library from the computer I'm typing this on. And since this forum has been so very useful to me I decided that while I'm waiting, I'll register and type this long-winded thank you note, to try and express my appreciation for all the help you have unknowingly given me.

to everyone who posts here, who researches, shares their knowledge, and helps us eReader newbies learn and get the most out of our devices. You are, all of you, awesome, and I can't thank you enough!

ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
ScaleyFreak, that was the sweetest post ever posted!
you're the cat's meow!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, ScalyFreak! That was a very nice post. Glad you are enjoying your 950!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
readergirl218
Enthusiast
readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (white), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300,
Welcome ScalyFreak... Enjoy your new reader
readergirl218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
welcome ScalyFreak (interesting name). Enjoyed reading your first post. I have learned so much here myself. A nice place to visit & a nice place to learn at.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the welcomes, everyone. I'll probably stick around. St in a quiet corner, listen and learn, and only occasionally say something. We freaks do that.

How do I get a picture under my name, like some of you have?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Add an image using the "User CP" link at the top left, then under "Settings and Options" select "Edit Avatar". You can select from hundreds of available avatars there, or upload one of your own that you want to use to someplace like ImageShack and enter the url to the image.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Praise indeed, SF. There's a price to pay, though. I signed on here two and a half years ago just for advice on how to fix a wee hitch with my Sony. It came short and sweet in plain English and with warm welcomes. Instantly hooked. Addicted. Ever since my first pop-by, my day isn't complete without at least two visits to keep up with trends, expert opinion, fun and new pals. Here's karma to ya. Bestests. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Praise indeed, SF. There's a price to pay, though. I signed on here two and a half years ago just for advice on how to fix a wee hitch with my Sony. It came short and sweet in plain English and with warm welcomes. Instantly hooked. Addicted. Ever since my first pop-by, my day isn't complete without at least two visits to keep up with trends, expert opinion, fun and new pals. Here's karma to ya. Bestests. Neil
Yeah, tell me about it. Do you have any idea how much time I spend reading about ebook readers that could be spent reading on ebook readers?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Add an image using the "User CP" link at the top left, then under "Settings and Options" select "Edit Avatar". You can select from hundreds of available avatars there, or upload one of your own that you want to use to someplace like ImageShack and enter the url to the image.
Thank you! I figured it out now.

Now I just need to remember to bookmark this on my phone, and in the 950 browser, and I'll be all set.