Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #16
nathany
Enthusiast
nathany doesn't litternathany doesn't litter

Device: Kobo h2o
Good to know, though that price is getting up there with the iLiad. I live in Canada, and hope I would be able to order one for 350 US (not 350 Eur), or possibly the Deluxe for 450 US if I'm feeling rich that day.

450 Eur though, is $650 CDN... and then shipping/customs/tax. Yikes.
nathany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Any more news on the sample units?

delphidb96, did you get it yet?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
There's no news over at the Bar, so I'd say they're still in transit.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Michael, may I make a suggestion: Once you have a unit at hand again, could you send it to an MobileReader member/editor for a long review and discussion?

I appreciate the news update, btw!
I did suggest my doing a review of the Cybook vs. the Sony. But so far I've gotten no reply as to yes or no.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I expect they figure that delphidb96's review will cover us, and kill two birds with one sample Cybook3.
Advert
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #21
Ravenflight
Connoisseur
Ravenflight began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Macbook, iPhone
Anybody know how to translate that review into plain english? I don't speak babelfish.
Ravenflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenflight View Post
Anybody know how to translate that review into plain english? I don't speak babelfish.
I could but really, it's not that worth translating. Wait for the NAEB team for a full review...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
My sample unit has made it across the Pond and is ON ITS WAY from NYC! I should have it here either Thursday or Friday! Mini-review to commence ASAP (figure I can post *something* by Saturday or Sunday) with more complete analysis to follow - probably by the end of next week!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
My sample unit has made it across the Pond and is ON ITS WAY from NYC! I should have it here either Thursday or Friday! Mini-review to commence ASAP (figure I can post *something* by Saturday or Sunday) with more complete analysis to follow - probably by the end of next week!

Derek
I hate to say this.. But... Any review of the Cybook vs. the PRS-500 is now going to be OBSOLETE! You'll need to get one of the new Sony models in (I hope) October to compare. For one, you cannot compare the screens and the ergonomics of the button layout. And we don't know about ebook version 2.0. So basically, any comparison review of the current model won't be all that useful.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So basically, any comparison review of the current model won't be all that useful.
It's useful to those who are contemplating upgrading from the current Sony Reader.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilarney View Post
It's useful to those who are contemplating upgrading from the current Sony Reader.
While it may possibly be an upgrade from the current Sony, is it an upgrade from the new Sony?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
NatCh
Gizmologist

The two Sony's aren't supposed to be that different, JSWolf.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The two Sony's aren't supposed to be that different, JSWolf.
But the big "advantage" of the Cybook is the Vizplex. screen. The new Sony should have that. And it's ergonomics have been redesigned. So in order to compare screen to screen, speed of page turns, and ergonomics, you'll need the Gen3 vs the new Sony and not the old Sony. Plus then bundled software is different so that's another thing that cannot be reviewed.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist

True, and good points, all.

I should think that the display performance improvement can probably be assumed to be comparable between the Cybook3 and the rumored PRS505, though, so the comparison to the current Sony is interesting from that perspective.

The software is a different matter, altogether ... but ... I think I'm more interested in how the device performs than how the companion software does -- we already know we can live without the companion software if it's sucky enough.

In any case, I really don't want to wait until the 505 releases in October (assuming it does), to find out more about the Cybook3!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
True, and good points, all.

I should think that the display performance improvement can probably be assumed to be comparable between the Cybook3 and the rumored PRS505, though, so the comparison to the current Sony is interesting from that perspective.

The software is a different matter, altogether ... but ... I think I'm more interested in how the device performs than how the companion software does -- we already know we can live without the companion software if it's sucky enough.

In any case, I really don't want to wait until the 505 releases in October (assuming it does), to find out more about the Cybook3!
I don't think we should wait till the 505 is released either to find out how the Gen3 is. But no definitive review comparing the 500 and the Gen3 would be valid (IMHO). The comparison review should be the 505 vs. the Gen3 to be truly fair.