Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL I'll let you know, I have a DRM free version in Calibre.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
Jeremiah.L.Burns
Jeremiah.L.Burns doesn't litterJeremiah.L.Burns doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm wondering... if you locate the .mpb file for that book on your Kindle and saved it on your computer, then let Amazon replace the old version with the new, then replaced the new mpb with the old one you saved (changing filename to match if necessary)...

Would that work? Anyone tried it? Anyone want to? I don't have any native Amazon files on my Kindle to try it out right now. Mine have all been Alf'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
LOL I'll let you know, I have a DRM free version in Calibre.
I'd be extremely interested in knowing the results myself!
Jeremiah.L.Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue7M3 View Post
What would you rather they do? Require a notarized statement of approval? The e-mail is completely legit and there is nothing scammy about it. If they just updated without asking people would complain about that too. Amazon just can't win.
I haven't received one of these yet, and if I did I would have found it to seem "clumsy" and questioned it. I also found the responses to be interesting, friendly and helpful...well, most of them....
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue7M3 View Post
What would you rather they do? Require a notarized statement of approval? The e-mail is completely legit and there is nothing scammy about it. If they just updated without asking people would complain about that too. Amazon just can't win.
My personal preference would be for every book that I've bought from them that has been updated to have some indication on the archive page that it's been updated, with a link to get the updated version.

I'd also add a notification e-mail whenever a book has major updates, like the current one, but with a link and instructions on how to get the update.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I was going to buy it awhile back but didn't and then when I went to buy it it wasn't available. Just sounds like the made it available again!
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert