Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #511
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
But I had $10 of video credit to begin with that was only eligible for videos (I have bought books and other items since then and it didn't use it). Why is it that they added $5 on top of that, I bought a book and the whole $9.17 would come out of the video part?
You had a $5 video credit (all buckets $0 except the Video one at $5). Amazon added $10 - now it shows $10 in all buckets except video, which shows $15. You spend $9.17, it comes out of the Amazon credit (not video, not eligible for that), so it comes out the the $10, leaving 83 cents in the general bucket (and video is still up by the $5 that is for video only -- don't forget about it, as it probably expires on Aug 31 -- that's the date for the twitter video credit from last month; if it's the Roku credit, you have until the end of october)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #512
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Easy - anything not an agency book works (if it says "sold by XYZ" and has the note about the publisher setting the price, then it's an agency book).

I was going to ask what you guys were asking about, as I checked my account (the easiest is to open any MP3 page and click on the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" link right below the button to buy it).

But, I just rechecked mine since this morning and I also have an extra $10 added. I actually think that this is the $10 Visa credit (it's about the right time)... off to check my email to see if they've sent a notice.
Thanks, looks like the book I tried to buy was an agency book. I guess I must have did the $10 Visa deal without realizing it. I never got any email about this.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #513
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
You had a $5 video credit
Then they stole $5 from me. I had $10 before this extra promotion.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #514
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Then they stole $5 from me. I had $10 before this extra promotion.
One of the credits expired on August 7. Likely you had that earlier, but it dropped away on the 8th (or shortly after). I didn't mention it, as it had expired a couple of days ago.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #515
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Future Offers (via .assets folder)
  • Save $5 at Amazon MP3
  • Save $5 on a $10 Purchase at Amazon
  • Get $50 Amazon Gift Card for Amazon Rewards Visa Card
  • Save $25 when you spend $100 on Textbooks

Next Offer(s) should appear 13 Aug

How do you get info on future special offers?

If I have two Kindle 3G with Special Offers regisitered to the same Amazon account,
will I get two codes for each offer? I know Amazon says one per device, but there
is no mention of one offer per account?

Thanks!

Last edited by ovaldisk; 08-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #516
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One of the credits expired on August 7. Likely you had that earlier, but it dropped away on the 8th (or shortly after). I didn't mention it, as it had expired a couple of days ago.
Nope, not the case. Not everything on my Amazon account relates to KSO yanno :P

Well talked to an Amazon rep, they gave me $10 credit for free.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #517
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post

If I have two Kindle 3G with Special Offers regisitered to the same Amazon account,
will I get two codes for each offer? I know Amazon says one per device, but there

Thanks!

You will need to request the code from each kindle - yes you will get two offers. It is one per device, not one per account. (I have 2)

When you plug your kindle in, look in the assets folder. You have to have "show hidden folders" preferences set on your computer. Also, I don't know if it's like this for everyone...but I have to select "open as a mobile device" from the my computer window to be able to see the system/assets folders.

hope that helps

brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #518
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nope, not the case. Not everything on my Amazon account relates to KSO yanno :P

Well talked to an Amazon rep, they gave me $10 credit for free.
Well, not all those particular music credits were from a KSO (only one, in fact).

They do have credits that expire. If you check one day and it's gone the next, that's pretty much what happened.

OTOH, Customer service at Amazon LOVES to give out promo credits... I've gotten them just from asking a question via email (and I wasn't asking for any credits, just wanted some information).
Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #519
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Thanks!
It depends on the offer. Some are one per account (the Visa credit, for example, or the $10 gift card recently), while most of the new offers are one per device. Each offer tells you which it is on the details/terms page. If it is one per device, you must request the code from each device (you get two emails and two promo codes).
Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #520
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Well, not all those particular music credits were from a KSO (only one, in fact).

They do have credits that expire. If you check one day and it's gone the next, that's pretty much what happened.

OTOH, Customer service at Amazon LOVES to give out promo credits... I've gotten them just from asking a question via email (and I wasn't asking for any credits, just wanted some information).
And my credits weren't ones that expired yet. I'm pretty sure I know what's on my account better than you. Seriously, this is kind of ridiculous.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #521
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Thanks, looks like the book I tried to buy was an agency book. I guess I must have did the $10 Visa deal without realizing it. I never got any email about this.
wow... I didn't know the Central Intelligency Agency sold books via Amazon.com.
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #522
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Visit their library -- CIA Library
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #523
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
You will need to request the code from each kindle - yes you will get two offers. It is one per device, not one per account. (I have 2)

When you plug your kindle in, look in the assets folder. You have to have "show hidden folders" preferences set on your computer. Also, I don't know if it's like this for everyone...but I have to select "open as a mobile device" from the my computer window to be able to see the system/assets folders.

hope that helps

ovaldisk, were you able to access the folder?

brdwygurl, thanks
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #524
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
HA HA
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #525
volvik
volvik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Kindle Lighted Cover 50% off

Ok first post......

I live in Canada but plan on ordering the KSO and have it shipped to a US address and pick it up in a couple of weeks when I go down for a trip.

I just saw this 50% offer for the lighted cover and would love to grab it but...it appears that I have to have the KSO first and use a promo code to order the cover.

Is anyone aware if I can order the KSO before the Aug 28 deadline and add the lighted cover and get the deal or something like that?

Thanks in advance.....

Ron
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote