Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #496
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Anyone know why Amazon keeps sending me credit for no reason. Just checked my credit and I have $10 credit in MP3s, video games and Kindle books. $5 in movie credit has been added to. I have no idea where any of this came from.
Just noticed I have the same thing.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #497
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
They just really like you?

Have you signed up for some of the offers ($5 in instant video, $10 if you get a book with visa)?
I don't think so. I did get a few $5 video credits a month ago, but I know how I got those. I never used the visa deal, I don't think so anyway. I never received any emails about it.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #498
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Could be a mistake, maybe we should use it before Amazon finds out
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #499
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Could be a mistake, maybe we should use it before Amazon finds out
Haha I actually took a screenshot of it. Deciding what I want right now :P
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #500
ovaldisk
Connoisseur
ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.ovaldisk is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
where is the credit located? I looked under "My Account' but can't seem to
find the right section for MP3 or video credits.

Thanks!
ovaldisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #501
odiakkoh
Guru

Eww looks like it's linked. Bought a $9.17 book

Before buying a book:

After buying a book:

Last edited by odiakkoh; 08-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #502
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Eww looks like it's just linked. Bought a $9.17 book

Did it work?

Looks like it did.

Last edited by hn333; 08-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #503
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post
where is the credit located? I looked under "My Account' but can't seem to
find the right section for MP3 or video credits.

Thanks!
I go to Amazon instant videos, click on a movie and on the bottom click on view balance.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #504
hn333
Addict

Didn't work for me, my credit card got charged.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #505
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Yeah, that's the way it works:

Quote:
Promotional codes and credits may be valid for one or multiple eligible products in one or multiple product categories. Balances listed by category include the total of all promotional codes and credits in your account that are valid for one or more products in that category. For example, if you have $3 credit valid toward products from Amazon Instant Video or by Amazon MP3, your balance under both categories will reflect the $3 balance.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #506
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Didn't work for me, my credit card got charged.
Check out the bolded parts in the Terms and Conditions

Quote:
The amount shown in Your Balances reflects your Gift Card balance and any promotional codes and credits in your account that can be applied for eligible purchases in each of the digital categories: Amazon Instant Video, Amazon MP3, Game Downloads & Software Downloads, and Kindle Books.
Promotional codes and credits may be valid for one or multiple eligible products in one or multiple product categories. Balances listed by category include the total of all promotional codes and credits in your account that are valid for one or more products in that category. For example, if you have $3 credit valid toward products from Amazon Instant Video or by Amazon MP3, your balance under both categories will reflect the $3 balance.
Promotion codes offering a percent-off discount are not reflected in Your Balances.
The balance amounts presented may show amounts already applied to recent or pending orders which will not be available for new orders.
Promotional codes for all Amazon promotions may be entered in the text field. Be sure you enter the appropriate code and that the code is not expired. Check Your Balances after entering your code to confirm that your code was applied.
Your default credit card will be charged for digital orders that are not eligible for purchase with your claim code, or that exceed your claim code or gift balance.
To confirm that your gift card or promotion code was applied to your digital purchase, please check your order confirmation.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #507
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Check out the bolded parts in the Terms and Conditions
So how do I know what books are eligible?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #508
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yeah, that's the way it works:
But I had $10 of video credit to begin with that was only eligible for videos (I have bought books and other items since then and it didn't use it). Why is it that they added $5 on top of that, I bought a book and the whole $9.17 would come out of the video part?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #509
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
So how do I know what books are eligible?
Easy - anything not an agency book works (if it says "sold by XYZ" and has the note about the publisher setting the price, then it's an agency book).

I was going to ask what you guys were asking about, as I checked my account (the easiest is to open any MP3 page and click on the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" link right below the button to buy it).

But, I just rechecked mine since this morning and I also have an extra $10 added. I actually think that this is the $10 Visa credit (it's about the right time)... off to check my email to see if they've sent a notice.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #510
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
If you have "amazon promotional credit", it shows up in all the "buckets". If a credit is limited to a specific store, it only shows in that store. The visa credit is "amazon" (and what you usually get from Amazon, but I have had them give me a Kindle only credit before). I've received a number of music only or video only credits in the past. I had zero a day ago and Amazon gave me $10 yesterday. I bought $3.98 in books since (99 cents and 2.99), so was at $6.02 earlier today. Now I'm at $16.02 promotional credit, plus my gift card balance (the g/c gets hit if your promotional credit won't work or is exhausted), so I'm up $10 since early this morning.

No email yet as to why, but I expect it from amazon in a day or two (after they process all the credits).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote