Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Overdrive App makes library books easier

this is probably very old news, but I never knew about it.

for all those rooted Nook color's out there , library book lending is now easier.

there's android app for Overdrive. still have to get a physical Library card, ohhh the humanity but whenever you don't have to sideload it's always a plus.

Would it be too much wishful thinking that the Overdrive App would be available in the upcoming Nook Market for all us unrooted nook colors? probably not likely

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...carouselMain.0

Last edited by boswd; 04-01-2011 at 10:26 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
This app is the main reason I rooted my Nook Color.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Droiddict
Droiddict began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Yep, just root it. You'll be happy you did! Note on Overdrive -- I found that I had to download books in the default browser. I had been using Dolphin and it downloaded them in a form that Overdrive didn't recognize.
Droiddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiddict View Post
Yep, just root it. You'll be happy you did! Note on Overdrive -- I found that I had to download books in the default browser. I had been using Dolphin and it downloaded them in a form that Overdrive didn't recognize.
ahhh very nice little tidbit, thanks for sharing.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
thecdn
thecdn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7
Seeing this thread made me download overdrive for my brand new nook color but when I press Library to choose my local library it stays on the 'Welcome to OverDrive Media Console' audio book page with the bottom 80% of the screen blank. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdn View Post
Seeing this thread made me download overdrive for my brand new nook color but when I press Library to choose my local library it stays on the 'Welcome to OverDrive Media Console' audio book page with the bottom 80% of the screen blank. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Library means the books you have checked out. To find your local library, hit "Get Books" in the menu, then "Add a Website", etc.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
thecdn
thecdn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Library means the books you have checked out. To find your local library, hit "Get Books" in the menu, then "Add a Website", etc.
That did it, thanks. I've been lurking long enough to know that tubemonkey will come through with the answer
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdn View Post
That did it, thanks. I've been lurking long enough to know that tubemonkey will come through with the answer
You're welcome; glad to help.

Hey; welcome to group. Hope you like it here.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote