Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #31
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
anyone want any popcorn? this one might go the distance.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
I'll take some, less chance of me bothering any more, rude to talk with my mouth full...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
anyone want any popcorn? this one might go the distance.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #33
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

hahaha...cool

hey kenny, have a couple cold ones for ya...sit down and have a tasty cold beverage with the family.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
One last time, in plain English and kept simple to let you follow... read post #16 made by you in this thread... you quote me then say, "Can't we have a discussion without the apple apologists popping up?" Since you don't know me, I put you straight but you can't follow simple words so herewith comes the next dig...
That's no lie. You attacked me first. And are acting as an apologist for apple. Simple enough for you?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #35
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
I made a general comment complaining about general company attacks in which you were not the only person quoted... I simply asked why these threads always ended up with company attacks rather than discussing the original material... you took it personally and made an accusation which you have now repeated... a lie is an untruth, it couldn't be truth as you had no facts to back it up, a point I also made, if you read my statement, by stating that I used a wide range of different manufacturers' equipment... I couldn't be an apologist for Apple because I'm not prejudiced for or against any company, all I care about is that the equipment I use, meets my requirements... you are clearly name obsessed with your perpetual attacks on Apple but I could care less about Apple or Microsoft or Sony or anybody else... I'm only concerned about whether an item meets my needs or a discussion stays on track which this one wasn't... and now, with this stupid ramble between us, has drifted even further off track... please feel free to further comment but don't expect a reply as I think even grumpy3b will probably have been amused enough... good night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That's no lie. You attacked me first. And are acting as an apologist for apple. Simple enough for you?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #37
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I think the problem with the PRS 700 was due to the thickness of the layers on top of the eink. I'm not sure this would work well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llreader View Post
As the owner of a Sony Reader with a touch screen, all those layers just say "blurry" to me, although the idea is a good one - like the old cartoon animations - everything would stay the same except the main characters, or the background would repeat.
I don't think it's the thickness of the layers that made the 700 & 600 have "glaring" screens; I believe it's the touch surface that made it glare, after all, glass is crystal clear and doesn't glare, no matter how thick it is. When they kept the touch surface from the 700 and put it on the 600, it still had glare. When they changed the touch surface from the 600 to the 650 AND changed to Pearl eink? Holy moly that's a nice screen!

Last edited by SolRaven; 04-12-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #38
grumpy3b
Banned

ever hear of lens flare? if Optical grade glass can flare so can sheets of far lower grade glass used in reading devices as long as there is the right confluence of factors. Could have just been a case where the design was good but the production change orders induced enough factors to cause the glare/flare issue many found to be unacceptable.