Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Comics on Android Tablet

I had viewed comics on my iPhone before and Comixology seemed to work best, so I thought I would start with Comixology for Android on my new tablet.

It seems to work fine, but I can't figure out how to delete a comic I no longer want!

Is anyone using Comixology that could help?

If not, what comic app are you using that you recommend?
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Try Perfect Viewer. You can rename and delete files.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
DailyComix works for me. I've noticed that choosing a comics app seems largely based on which comics one is interested in (since they all seem to have limited menus of webcomics that are supported).

Special note: if you're a fan of xkcd, try "xkcd reader" (in the market) (by Srikanth Lingamneni). I usually don't like single-purpose apps but this one is worth it as it features panel by panel navigation in the correct order (which means there is probably some back-end coding involved for each comic). The end result is exquisite.

Edit: In retrospect, that's probably not the kind of comics you were talking about . Still, I'll leave this here in case anyone's interested.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I don't think you can delete comics from Comixology on Android yet, but maybe that will come in a future release.

But it's a great app anyway, and it's got me buying and reading comics again.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I did finally find out how to do delete comicx on Comixology for Android. You click on settings, then manage storage and you can delete them individually. Not very intuitive, but it works.

Good point about needing additional readers, Thrawn, based on what comics you want to read. I will try some others.

I am just getting back into comics. Loved them as a kid, but in my 20's the woman in my life found them childish, so I gave them up.

But now, new woman and she supports my hobbies.
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Actually I did finally find out how to do delete comicx on Comixology for Android. You click on settings, then manage storage and you can delete them individually. Not very intuitive, but it works.
Thanks, that's useful to know. We still can't delete them from My Comics, though, which means that free previews that weren't much cop still have to clutter up your bookshelf. Still, not a major issue, I suppose.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker

Yes, Graham. Definitely something Comixology should fix.