Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #31
emil.m
Banned
emil.m began at the beginning.

Device: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Anything but inoffensive, as far as I'm concerned.
All jokes (perhaps except one) in that german forum are striktly related to "ukraine pocketbook programmers". Since "ukraine pocketbook programmers" are not reading that german forum (because the use the-ebook.org) it's logical that nobody was offended. (And the jokes were inspired by the problems related with the pocketbook software)

Who behaved like being offended by these jokes were people that were neigther "ukraine" nor "pocketbook programmers".
Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #32
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by emil.m View Post
Since "ukraine pocketbook programmers" are not reading that german forum ... it's logical that nobody was offended.
So it's only libel if the victim actually reads about it? Talking about somebody behind their back can never be slander? You'll want to rethink that position a little.

Quote:
Who behaved like being offended by these jokes were people that were neigther "ukraine" nor "pocketbook programmers".
I'm offended on behalf of "good taste". Does that count? (No, don't answer. It was a rhetorical question.)
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #33
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
All jokes (perhaps except one) in that german forum are striktly related to "ukraine pocketbook programmers". Since "ukraine pocketbook programmers" are not reading that german forum (because the use the-ebook.org) it's logical that nobody was offended. (And the jokes were inspired by the problems related with the pocketbook software)

1. I wasn't the one who banned cipri. I not even gave a vote on it. The "jokes" were perceived as racist by my team members.
2. Sorry for not being present more here, but my responsibility has grown in the last months and I didn't and don't have the time.
3. I was tired of being attacked all the time by everybody for things that I'm not responsible for(SDK, firmware updates and so on), this was a further reason for being absent.
4. I am available for technical questions but won't answer to any answers about SDK or firmware anymore because I am not sure about the answers anyway.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #34
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The "jokes" were perceived as racist by my team members.
sorry, i totally missed that "ukraine pocketbook programmers" are a own race.
Now that you say, it could be indeed true
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #35
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The "jokes" were perceived as racist by my team members.
Good to know that your "team members" are fighting against some jokes on a forum related to "ukraine pocketbook programmers", instead being occupied with the support of pocketbook client.

Last edited by emil.m; 04-06-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #36
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, perhaps you can be next? Looks like you're well on your way.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #37
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
He sure is trying pretty damn hard
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #38
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Hey, perhaps you can be next?
I literally imagine you as a sniper with the crosshair positionated on my head and waiting for the "fire command"
Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #39
rogue_librarian
Guru

Nah, I'm just a bystander. I have have no vested interest either way. You do.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #40
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
I literally imagine you as a sniper with the crosshair positionated on my head and waiting for the "fire command"
I am afraid that he is not a lone sniper. He is just one person of large crowd holding pitchforks and torches.
I am pretty sure that quite a few people are now reaching for the mouse and clicking on "Report This Post" icon. Mobileread is a nice place and we are not used to such abusive behavior here.

Two or three jokes or friendly pokes would be funny. This is not. This way you only make people angry and frustrated and nothing constructive will be achieved.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #41
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
If so,it might be the shortest membership on MR ever, since he signed up only hours after cipri got banned
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #42
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Moderation decisions are not undertaken by a single moderator. All moderation decisions are made jointly following discussions among the entire moderation team and takes into account all reports, communications, possible past moderation(s) of a member, and that member's posts.

MobileRead is a busy international forum and reports come to the Moderation Team through reported posts, comments, PM's, and through our contact address. In addition, moderation PM's with a member are not shared with the open forum, so forum members are not aware of additional communication(s) with a member under discussion. We conduct team discussion, decide how to respond, and a moderator is chosen to carry out the team decision.

Public comments disrespecting members of the Moderating Team will not be tolerated.

(Signed)
The entire MobileRead moderating team.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #43
emil.m
Banned

Pocketbook FAQ:

Q1: My Pocketbook doesnt work anymore. What can I do? Help!!!

Answer:
Don't panik, breath in deeply and lean back. After you calmed a little you can continue reading.
Theoretically in such a case you could make use of our support team, but first you should know our ebook-readers are high-professional multi-functional devices.
Instead of wasting your time and money sending the device back, and risking to get it weeks later but without being fixed, or even not geting it back at all, it's more wise to make use of their multi-functionality.

For example you can use it for cooking! Not for reading cooking books, but for using it as a tablet! You can cut tomatoes, carrots, appels, simply every kind of vegetables and fruits you can imagine. Our devices are perferct for that!

You dont like to cook? No problem, you can use it for doing sports! No, not for reading sports books. But you can use your pocketbook device as a table tennis bat. Our readers have a very polished surface, that makes it a perfect weapon if your opponent is good at topspins. In table tennis this surface is called "anti topspin". You will enjoy it!

You dont like to play table tenis? No problem! You can play frisbee with your readers. Especially the model 360 lies perfectly in your hand, and additionally all our devices are build from ground up to have a very good aero-dynamics. That means, no matter if it rains, snows or a storm is comin, your Pocketbook device will always fly on a stable curve, and you will be able to hit your targets with high precission. We are pocketbook and we guarantee for our products.

Even more!! You can use your pocketbook device as a weapon for self-defence. Imagine someone wants to attack you. Take out quickly your device an hit the attacker on the head. You will be amazed how efficient our devices are!

Last edited by emil.m; 04-06-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #44
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
So this is why was coined.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #45
i.like
i.like began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
last two weeks, that means 14 days.

All your links are older than 14 days!
Well - you got me. Of cource you are right. ALL of my links are older.
Darn.

Yesterday, 07:30 AM
Yesterday, 06:50 AM
03-30-2011, 06:27 AM
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
03-30-2011, 08:23 AM
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
03-21-2011, 06:17 PM

04-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Out of those, 2 are 16 Days old, one(1) is older.

I apologize humbly for my misunderstanding.
Of course all posts older than 2 weeks (that's 14 days, we agree on that, i must admit) are forfeit. I forgot that.

Jesus, why am i discussing that?
Closed Thread