Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #46
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Thanks for the link, Paolo. The sad part is that many of us feel unsatisfied with PB experience. No matter if we care about note taking, browsing or just decent reading experience. I don't wanna continue useless discussions but my decision to buy PB was based on mthraveler's assurance. Does his disappearance mean that PB reject all his communication here? His move just make me feel like a fool - I took on trust his promises but obviously there are gone with him now. So this is official: I'm nominating my PB 903 for "worst spent money" award.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #47
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Well! lucky you guys that live on that side of the world and can have the Onyx M90!!! I saw the specs and look very good! I just have to hold on my PB902..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
this was not the main attraction for me, but you are surely right - my gripe is that all demonstrations pointed to the possibility of free-hand pdf annotation, I am still hopeful, though, as competition is increasing (the Boox M90 has the same price as the PB903), and soon we'll have more covers to choose from (M90 has the sam dimensions as the large PB90X)
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #48
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
which side of the world are you? Dulin should have the M90 in May, too, in the US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
I saw the specs and look very good! I just have to hold on my PB902..
well, so did the PB90X! I am going to wait anyway to see what is that it can do. And in the meantime, still hope things are going to improve for us - I am really pleased with my PB's ahrdware, only very disppointed that it is not doing all it could, but who knows, between now and May things may improve - people on the Russian forum are very vocal and very upset, this may be enough pressure
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #49
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I live in Puerto Rico, but I did the currency conversion and is $549 US dollars!!!
I am laso please with my PB902, it do the job for the things I do. so, will see...

QUOTE=paolamanzini;1464749]which side of the world are you? Dulin should have the M90 in May, too, in the US!

well, so did the PB90X! I am going to wait anyway to see what is that it can do. And in the meantime, still hope things are going to improve for us - I am really pleased with my PB's ahrdware, only very disppointed that it is not doing all it could, but who knows, between now and May things may improve - people on the Russian forum are very vocal and very upset, this may be enough pressure [/QUOTE]
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #50
surax
surax began at the beginning.

Device: pro-903
The latest firmware and hints that are in the right direction and the problem of the slow Scribble enter this resolved and make it fluently. The call to the dictionary and the selection of the word in the text with the navigation keys is perfect and immediate response. The operation is safe, does not crash, has good options for configuration and development podibilidesdes promising
In short, I'm happy with the 903 and do not share the skepticism of some members.
surax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #51
davidli
davidli began at the beginning.

Device: OPUS
PK602: Bug with txt files

Using only txt files (I like the simplicity to edit them).

With 2.0.5 on my PB602 txt files are slow to open, after reading a few hundred pages the PB602 is getting slow, very slow to turn pages.

I went back to 2.0.4.
davidli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #52
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Didn't really notice that davidli but I did notice that happening when the battery is running very low, could be related.

Did anyone else notice that AdobeViewer won't open non-DRMed epubs (those are the only kind I have so its possible it won't open any) saying it can't because they might be DRMed ?
Might be related to me not registering ? I don't see why it should affect using it to read regular unprotected epubs.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #53
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Didn't really notice that davidli but I did notice that happening when the battery is running very low, could be related.

Did anyone else notice that AdobeViewer won't open non-DRMed epubs (those are the only kind I have so its possible it won't open any) saying it can't because they might be DRMed ?
Might be related to me not registering ? I don't see why it should affect using it to read regular unprotected epubs.
it does work on mine (indeed, it displays some mathematical formatting much better than FBreader) - though I have never registered my device, so could it be that it is registration that somehow creates a conflict?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #54
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
it does work on mine (indeed, it displays some mathematical formatting much better than FBreader) - though I have never registered my device, so could it be that it is registration that somehow creates a conflict?
Uncertain, since I've never registered too.
Is it epubs that you managed to open ? could be related to the specific format.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #55
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:

This is just a guess, but it might not have anything to do with DRM. It could be that that is the generic error message you get when AdobeViewer can't make sense of the document (suggesting that it is encrypted). Have you tried opening the same documents with fbreader, or some desktop application? Maybe the problem is with the epubs.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #56
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Uncertain, since I've never registered too.
Is it epubs that you managed to open ? could be related to the specific format.
yes, it is Bertrand Russels' "Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy", I attach it here if you want to have a go at it with your device.

EDIT: obviously the above is in the public domain.

Last edited by paola; 04-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #57
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
yes, it is Bertrand Russels' "Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy", I attach it here if you want to have a go at it with your device.

EDIT: obviously the above is in the public domain.
Edit: Sure, I'll give it a try and let you know.
Given it a try and wonder of wonders it opened just fine, no idea what's the difference here between this epub and the ones I transfer through calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
This is just a guess, but it might not have anything to do with DRM. It could be that that is the generic error message you get when AdobeViewer can't make sense of the document (suggesting that it is encrypted). Have you tried opening the same documents with fbreader, or some desktop application? Maybe the problem is with the epubs.
I could wish but no, the epubs open fine on desktop and fbreader.

Last edited by J.C.; 04-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #58
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Edit: Sure, I'll give it a try and let you know.
Given it a try and wonder of wonders it opened just fine, no idea what's the difference here between this epub and the ones I transfer through calibre.
my expert diagnosis is: gremlins in the machine
no idea either, but I do transfer all my books via Calibre, too. You mean you just copied this one onto your device via usb without Calibre?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #59
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
my expert diagnosis is: gremlins in the machine
no idea either, but I do transfer all my books via Calibre, too. You mean you just copied this one onto your device via usb without Calibre?
Yeah when I say through Calibre what I mean is update meta data convert if needed and such first, I always just copy the epubs to the SD card mounted drive via USB, yours included.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #60
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Works fine with mine too, did you ever change the location of the file and open it with "last read ebooks" or via another shortcut? Or change name of the title weather in Calibre or just so, because these Metafile Updates only work from device to PC, not the other way round, so if you do a major change to the file you have to delete it and then add again, otherwise you will get exactly the mentioned message
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote