Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
setherd
Sleep Tech
setherd began at the beginning.

Device: andorid, nook simple touch
0.7.45 not downloading covers?

I seem to have a problem downloading covers in the new version. when I search for metadata it says covers available but it downloads a blank folder image.
Am I the only one with this problem?
setherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
garsnem
garsnem began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I am getting the same thing. I have a LOT of books that i have in my library and the best site to find covers I have found so far is http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/. Its slow editing them individually but worth it

Hope that helps
garsnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Since the vast majority of the books I've been putting into calibre are books I have scanned to PDF, finding covers is generally not an issue for me. However, I occasionally run into an old one that has such a beat up looking cover, I do want to replace it. The best place I've found is to use Google Advanced Image Search. Sadly, the books that have the most beat up looking covers are those that are so old, they're not likely to be available on the "interwebz" (or all I can find are newer editions).

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 02-13-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Old Timer's Disease
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
setherd
Sleep Tech
setherd began at the beginning.

Device: andorid, nook simple touch
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ Yes I always love that site for info and covers.

I just wanted to say this was a new issue for me. I have even gone to amazon.com, gotten the ISBN number for a book and then tried to download the cover it seems to usually fail for me but not always.
setherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
try this site
http://books-by-isbn.com/

just enter isbn and there is the cover, plus after you enter the sibn you can search the author for other covers for the same book. I used this rather than the calibre "get cover" method anyway.

use the plugin "search internet" makes it very easy then

Last edited by iandix; 02-13-2011 at 05:25 PM.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
@ iandix... Thanks a lot! Now I have to clean the soda I spewed all over my monitor and keyboard after I saw the Mona Lisa in your sig line.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote