Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
bcaughhorn
bcaughhorn began at the beginning.

Device: n647-wmt-b
kobo froze on powered off screen.... help

i have the kobo with wi fi. it is froze on the powered off screen. i have pushed the reset button on the back all it does is change the color of the light in the top right corner. when i hook it to the computer nothing happens. its like its not there. how do i reset it?
bcaughhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
If you press and hold the power on button for three seconds and nothing happens, and you press the reset pinhole and nothing happens, then you have a fault. Return it.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
try pluging it in overnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
If you press and hold the power on button for three seconds and nothing happens, and you press the reset pinhole and nothing happens, then you have a fault. Return it.

ltr
I know it sounds wierd but the same thing happened to me. I could not do nutin with the thing pluged it in over night and tada works like a charm
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaughhorn View Post
i have the kobo with wi fi. it is froze on the powered off screen. i have pushed the reset button on the back all it does is change the color of the light in the top right corner. when i hook it to the computer nothing happens. its like its not there. how do i reset it?
Could it be that it's out of power? If you haven't already, try leaving it plugged into your computer for a few hours to charge it up and then unplug it and try powering it on again.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
bcaughhorn
bcaughhorn began at the beginning.

Device: n647-wmt-b
i thought it was dead so i pluged it in over night. still the same thing
bcaughhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
capercrew
capercrew began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Resetting the KOBO

I was reading a book and the KOBO froze. No button would work. Then I pressed and held the power button for 8 seconds, let it go and pressed it again. The KOBO reset itself. Worked very well.
capercrew is offline   Reply With Quote