Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
smoogle
That dude with the thing
smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.smoogle once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad
Wikipedia

Hey,

I'd like to put Wikipedia on my iLiad; anyone got suggestions?

There are obviously quite alot of different ways to do this.
smoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. But I couldn't find any suitable pre-generated html downloads... perhaps one of the porting gurus could have a look at it?
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
CChris
CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.CChris once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Simpad, HTC P4350, Cybook Gen3
Mobipocket Version

There are some offline versions to be found:
German:
Mobipocket: http://www.beam-ebooks.de/ebook/667
TomeRaider:http://siebn.de/index.php?page=wikipedia

English
TomeRaider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...aider_database

So it seems, only german speaking readers could try the mobi version...

CChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
Tokkeh
Reader
Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tokkeh once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad /Palm TX
I wonder if either of these may help find a solution
http://encyclopodia.sourceforge.net/en/index.html
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11715
TomeRaider gets really high marks but doesn't seem to be Linux (yet?). Still. it is pretty much everything else. Must be portable.
Probably lots more out there
Tokkeh
Tokkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I've compiled Apache 1.3. SQLite, and PHP5 for the iLiad. I'm not sure if it's feasable to run a web server from the iLiad for the purpose of wikipedia, but if anyone would like me to provide the above, I can.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I've compiled Apache 1.3. SQLite, and PHP5 for the iLiad. I'm not sure if it's feasable to run a web server from the iLiad for the purpose of wikipedia, but if anyone would like me to provide the above, I can.
Could be worth a shot... if it is not to much trouble setting it up. I think the performance should be acceptable. I don't know what the "static" versions of wikipedia requires -- all I know is that I could not find any "really static" versions for download (by really static I mean simple html-files).
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have been wanting a wiki for the iLiad for a long while and started a thread on it a while ago. In my research I looked up a bunch of different alternatives, unfortunately not many would easily fit the bill for non-hacker types. At that point in time I was limited to Windoze and was only really interested in wysiwg interfaces. Some of the potential solutions worked on Java enabled html. I am no hacker type so trying to get that to run on a iLiad was beyond my abilities.

I don't know why I have not thought of it previously (I have only recently started using Linux on my home computer) but a very wiki like program is Tomboy, a notes taking program for linux. During my initial research into wikis this little program was mentioned a number of times. I have not had too much time to play with it but it might be able to fit this need. Maybe Portmeister Adam B. could help out on this?
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CChris View Post
There are some offline versions to be found:
German:
Mobipocket: http://www.beam-ebooks.de/ebook/667
TomeRaider:http://siebn.de/index.php?page=wikipedia

English
TomeRaider: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...aider_database

So it seems, only german speaking readers could try the mobi version...
So I tried and got this: (see attached picture)

>Multi-part eBooks are not supported.

With dictionary support "soon" to be finished, there seems to be another
construction site looming ahead...

The contents of the very same "wikipedia_1_8.zip" does work flawlessly
with my Nokia 9500 and with some limitations under the windows version
of the mobipocket reader (you have to navigate manually to the subbook
where your queried article is located).

Dirk

BTW: Should'nt this thread be removed to 'iLiad Content'?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_079.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	4314  
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
How about porting this?

http://users.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~tt...iaOffline.html
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote