Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Monday's Kindle Deals of the Day

Kindle eBooks Student Deal of the Day:
Hackers by Steven Levy ($1.99)

Last edited by koland; 01-03-2011 at 03:28 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
So have they changed the deal of the day to only one book offered? I ask because the link from the other thread takes me to my browsing history, while your link offers the single book plus the student deals.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Apparently no Deal of the Day books were posted today - only the Student Deal.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's hard to tell if the feature is dead or they screwed up the code on the page. You can't see the Student deal either, in firefox, but you can in IE. Third time they've done that in a week.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
I'm using Firefox and I can see the Student Deal fine
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer

bizarre. I've tried it on several FF versions (different computers, different or no add-ons, no adblocker, etc) and yesterday's book showed up find, but once I refreshed after midnight PST, today's book didn't display. The future books show up, just not the current one. Same thing has happened several times now - but in IE8, it shows up fine.

No clue what they've done on the $2.99 deals. Those publishers got a raw deal, since no one can find the books.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Still no official list, but all of these are currently marked down to $2.99, either by Amazon or the agency publishers:

The Interrogators: Inside the Secret War Against al Qaeda, by Chris Mackey and Greg Miller
A Hard Place, by Jacamo Peterson
Henry of Atlantic City, by Frederick Reuss
A Teacher's Night Before Christmas, by Sue Carabine, Shauna Mooney Kawasaki (Illustrator)
Her Latest Supporting Role, by Cynthia Ashworth
These Wicked Games, by Sherry Ledington, et al
Midnight Come Again, by Dana Stabenow
The Queene's Christmas: An Elizabeth I Mystery , by Karen Harper
Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down, by Vineet Nayar
Truly, Madly, by Heather Webber
Lady Amelia's Secret Lover, by Victoria Alexander
All Night with a Rogue: Lords of Vice, by Alexandra Hawkins
The Ambidextrist, by Peter Rock
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.1, by David Huss
One Imperfect Christmas, by Myra Johnson
The Lord Is My Shepherd: The Psalm 23 Mysteries, by Debbie Viguie
90 Minutes in Heaven: My True Story, by Don Piper & Cecil Murphey
The Beginner's Bible for Toddlers, by Zondervan
90 Minutes in Heaven: My True Story, by Don Piper & Cecil Murphey (young readers)
My Cowboy Boots, by Crystal Bowman (pre-order)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
bizarre. I've tried it on several FF versions (different computers, different or no add-ons, no adblocker, etc) and yesterday's book showed up find, but once I refreshed after midnight PST, today's book didn't display. The future books show up, just not the current one. Same thing has happened several times now - but in IE8, it shows up fine.

No clue what they've done on the $2.99 deals. Those publishers got a raw deal, since no one can find the books.
I just came here to ask you if you had another link. I guess it's not just me...
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Still no official list, but all of these are currently marked down to $2.99, either by Amazon or the agency publishers:

The Interrogators: Inside the Secret War Against al Qaeda, by Chris Mackey and Greg Miller
A Hard Place, by Jacamo Peterson
Henry of Atlantic City, by Frederick Reuss
A Teacher's Night Before Christmas, by Sue Carabine, Shauna Mooney Kawasaki (Illustrator)
Her Latest Supporting Role, by Cynthia Ashworth
These Wicked Games, by Sherry Ledington, et al
Midnight Come Again, by Dana Stabenow
The Queene's Christmas: An Elizabeth I Mystery , by Karen Harper
Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down, by Vineet Nayar
Truly, Madly, by Heather Webber
Lady Amelia's Secret Lover, by Victoria Alexander
All Night with a Rogue: Lords of Vice, by Alexandra Hawkins
The Ambidextrist, by Peter Rock
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.1, by David Huss
One Imperfect Christmas, by Myra Johnson
The Lord Is My Shepherd: The Psalm 23 Mysteries, by Debbie Viguie
90 Minutes in Heaven: My True Story, by Don Piper & Cecil Murphey
The Beginner's Bible for Toddlers, by Zondervan
90 Minutes in Heaven: My True Story, by Don Piper & Cecil Murphey (young readers)
My Cowboy Boots, by Crystal Bowman (pre-order)
These titles still show up today for 2.99
Old 01-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer

As I said, that was the BOTK (books on the knob) list of books I found. No deals again today, I wonder if Amazon has abandoned the idea (too many sales, perhaps?) or will just have it every now and then?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
tequila0341
Enthusiast
tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kobo Glo HD
Koland - how do you search Amazon by price?
tequila0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I don't get a list today (Jan 5) either, either in Firefox or IE. I get the page which says "Deal of the Day on Kindle", but then the page just has suggestions based on my browsing history. Any one got any info about whether Amazon has abandoned this or has just goofed up the listings?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer

No one knows. Most Kindle support people didn't know it existed, apparently.

Maybe it was a one-week special, but the page is still there... just blank.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?

FWIW - when the Deal of the Day existed there was a link in the upper right of the Kindle Ebooks page - it vanished when the Deal of the Day vanished.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer

But, it wasn't there every time you loaded the screen. After someone mentioned it, I refreshed until I saw it. I had more than 20 different ads before I saw it once.