Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
finance4kids
Author, finance4kidz dot
finance4kids began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Finance for Kidz Series of Children's Books

Hi there
I just found out about this forum from another member on this site! What a great place!

Anyway, I am the author of children's book series "Finance for Kidz". I have 2 sons, ages 6 & 7 years old, and I wrote these books primarily for them. I am also a professor of finance, with over 2 decades' of teaching experience. I saw the state of the economy and the financial crises we were (are) in, and that led me to write these books. What makes them different from other books is that they are all written from a child's perspective. They are children's stories but with financial lessons embedded in them. In addition, these books don't just tell children how to save (like most books in the market today) but they cover a wide spectrum of topics, such as inflation, deflation, risk and return and identity theft. Can you imagine explaining inflation or identity theft to a six year old? Well, I manage to do that in the form of a story that all children can relate to.

Needless to say, these books will give you a lifelong return on your investment. We teach our children to take care of their physical health, but rarely do we tell them about caring for their financial health. These books will do the trick!

Incidentally, these books have been adopted by s couple of school districts. Directors of curriculum of Los Angeles based elementary schools have evaluated them and have provided testimonials. They also have been translated into Chinese, Arabic, French & Spanish. Very soon, they will be available on ipads and kindle.

Please check them out at www.finance4kidz.com If you know of international publishers interested in purchasing translation rights, please do let me know. Any other help you can give me will be sincerely appreciated.

Regards and happy new year to all.
Prakash
Father, Author & Professor of Finance
Finance for Kidz Series
finance4kidz dot com
finance4kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business, elementary, finance, parenting, teaching