Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
mahgister
mahgister
mahgister began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
problem with my pocketbook 602 help please

I have downloaded some book many times without problems. Now after a download, i dont understand the cause, i cannot open the library menu. The little hourglass sign do not disapear. If i touch the reset button the device reload and i can have access to the principal menu page but yet its impossible to open the library file.....Now after some trials if i dont reset the device i cannot have access to the menu page.... please if you can help me Now i cannot access the library menu...and if i dont reset the device i am stuck on the logo page.... Thanks for the help....

Last edited by mahgister; 12-27-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: upset
mahgister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
NoReason1982
NoReason1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
I had the same problem. Try the following steps:
  • Delete all books on the pocketbook
  • Rebuild the database
  • Copy a standard book that came with the pocketbook back to the device
  • Rebuild the database again

This worked for me as I had exactly the same problem.

Good luck
NoReason1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
vvdb
vvdb began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902PRO black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReason1982 View Post
I had the same problem. Try the following steps:
  • Delete all books on the pocketbook
  • Rebuild the database
  • Copy a standard book that came with the pocketbook back to the device
  • Rebuild the database again

This worked for me as I had exactly the same problem.

Good luck
I'm convinced your solution works... providing the device is recognized by the PC.
If the device hangs while booting (as it does), you can't "delete all books on the pocketbook". What you need is a way to boot the device without the system scanning its memory for books... since it's probably one of those files that cause the hang in the first place.
vvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
mahgister
mahgister

big bug problem for the 602 no access to the library

thanks for your kind reply.... I have already try this road this for no avail....

2 weeks ago I purchased a Pocketbook 602. Yesterday, suddenly it couldn’t access the library. The system hung and the hourglass wouldn’t disappear.

- First I reset the Pocketbook, but that didn’t settle the problem;
- Then I turned the Pocketbook off and took the micro SD card out. And WITHOUT the SD card the system COULD access the library. That made me think that the problem was with the card.
- So I formatted the SD card and inserted it in the pocketbook again, but it still couldn’t access the Library. Then I thought that the SD card itself was corrupted, so I inserted a BRAND NEW SD card right out of the box and it still couldn’t access the library. As soon as I want to access the Library, the hourglass sign appears and hangs there.
- Then I thought that maybe I should reinstall the firmware 2.0.3. So I did that, according to the instructions and just like the first time there were no problems and the system did seem to be able to access the SD card where the firmware update was stored. However, even after the update, the pocketbook CANNOT ACCESS the Library WHENEVER there is ANY SD card in the slot.
- When there is NO SD card however, there is no problems at all with the functioning.

I’m a little desperate. Surely there is a solution to this problem. I enjoy the device immensely. Please someone cure the ailment !!! :blink

thanks

p.s. I just discover in the german thread that other customer have the same problem....My german is very meager....

p.s. i just discover a second customer in the english section who have also the same problem... where is the technical staff of pocketbook ? help is needed...
Old 12-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
NoReason1982
NoReason1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
As far as I could read you did not rebuild the database. If you didn't do it, you should try to rebuild the database with the empty card and then put a book onto the card and rebuild the database again.

Hope this works.

PS: I started the german thread :-)
NoReason1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
mahgister
mahgister

to no reason

i have rebuild the database for no avail....i have delete all my books and reinsert some books of the original package.... etc I think its a bug of their program....if the sd card ( empty or not )is there i cannot access the library....
Old 12-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
mahgister
mahgister

to no reason

by the way i am glad not to be alone in this boat.... thanks for your kind interest
Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgister View Post
i have rebuild the database for no avail....i have delete all my books and reinsert some books of the original package.... etc I think its a bug of their program....if the sd card ( empty or not )is there i cannot access the library....
The 902 has a "Clean State" option under Configuration>Maintenance that you use to clear out data on deleted books from the database. Is it the same on the 602, and if so, is that what you used to rebuild your database?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgister View Post
mahgister, did you try to contact PocketBook service center? I would suggest to check with them:
service@pocketbook-usa.com or +1 (877) 326 01 96, ext 2
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
mahgister
mahgister

problem solved

i reload everything... and erase all books in the main memory....now things are normal .........