Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #91
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I tried to look on various sites in Canada today for my mil and noticed that Sony is now saying it is backordered until March 1st. Until now, they had silver ones still available. I guess they have sold out of all the colours now. All the retailer sites are sold out right now as well.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #92
plasmonk
plasmonk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmonk View Post
Stuff it. Sony are idiots. I'm getting a kindle. Half the price and more importantly it's actually possible to buy one.
After my petulant outburst a month ago I'm pleased to report that the PRS650 became available on the UK Tesco Direct website on 2nd Jan, for just long enough for me to get the wife her present, although Tesco now appear to only have the 350 again.

The 650 is great, and after catching up with the off-topic debates on this thread I'm glad I was able to get it and didn't join the Kindle herd. Now I just have to stump up for the case with light!

Back on-topic, the other day I was informed by staff in our local Waterstones that they don't know when they'll get them back because of a "global shortage of eInk" (?) which I assume meant Sony can't get enough screens - they still stock the accessories though. The local franchised Sony Style outlet said they've been discontinued because Sony are planning to release colour readers instead this year. The UK call centre say they have a few around but they were just very popular over Christmas, and they definitely aren't discontinued because they're in their 2011 product guide.

Either way I'm alright Jack because I have my 650 - touch screen, library books and all!
plasmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
^ Well done!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #94
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
I saw an interview with Rowling, and sadly, she seems to be the kind of person that, no matter how many millions or billions her books generate in sales, she will always be insecure and fixated on money. Doesn't matter if you are a billionaire if you are still 'po white trash' in your own mind.
That's an outrageous and offensive statement. Rowling recently donated ten million pounds to a MS charity. Also she has given millions of people A LOT of pleasure. She was a one parent family who's only help in the world was her mother who sadly died young.

What the hell else is she meant to do to get some respect? I find your comments mean and nasty.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #95
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I gotta agree with that as I understand that she never expected anywhere near this money. She was only looking for enough success to lead a comfortably modest life.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #96
umpi
umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
This kind of info, relayed from low level store personal, is often flat out wrong, but on the off chance that it is accurate, it may only mean that Borders itself has DISCONTINUED the item and is not planning to restock the Sony product, so they can push the Kobo reader or some other new Borders ereader product.
Yesterday I visited a Sony Store in Newcastle (UK). The staff told me they will not receive the 650 any more, as they expect a new model to be out at some point.
umpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #97
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
This kind of info, relayed from low level store personal, is often flat out wrong, but on the off chance that it is accurate, it may only mean that Borders itself has DISCONTINUED the item and is not planning to restock the Sony product, so they can push the Kobo reader or some other new Borders ereader product.

I just checked the SonyStyle Online Store and they still seem to be taking orders for the PRS-650.

On the other hand, it would not surprise me at all if Sony IS clearing out their stock of the 650, so they can introduce a new 6-inch screen 675 model with WiFi or 3G capabilities.

If so, I'm still happy to have snagged one of the 650's because I honestly do prefer that my reader NOT be web enabled.
Right now they have them in store at Borders. All models.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #98
umpi
umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Right now they have them in store at Borders. All models.
???
If you click on the BUY NOW button from the link you provided (PRS 650) you end in a non-existing page. (...not a good sign...)

The PRS 950 results backordered...I placed the order three weeks ago and God only knows if I will ever put my hands on it.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #99
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpi View Post
???
If you click on the BUY NOW button from the link you provided (PRS 650) you end in a non-existing page. (...not a good sign...)

The PRS 950 results backordered...I placed the order three weeks ago and God only knows if I will ever put my hands on it.
Sorry for the faulty link but still, when you go to the ereader section than the show up.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #100
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Dell (as of yesterday) was listing the black PRS-650 again; red one has gone missing.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #101
mcorsi
mcorsi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950 & Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpi View Post
???

Not sure if you cancel your order, but Best Buy has them back in stock (PRS-950). I was about to order one, when I saw they just started carrying them at the local PX here (Army base here in Germany) for $250! Imagine my delight on coming across it locally and for $50 less then retail. Just got it yesterday and I'm loving it.

Side note: I just registered here today, but I've been reading this site for the last 3 weeks in an attempt to decide what device I wanted to get. Let me just say this site is incredible and Calibre blows my socks off!
mcorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #102
bbriand
Enthusiast
bbriand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
The Futureshop in Sydney, NS, Canada has 1 PRS650 in stock ($250) and about 10 x PRS350s.
bbriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #103
umpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorsi View Post
Not sure if you cancel your order, but Best Buy has them back in stock (PRS-950). I was about to order one, when I saw they just started carrying them at the local PX here (Army base here in Germany) for $250! Imagine my delight on coming across it locally and for $50 less then retail. Just got it yesterday and I'm loving it.
Congrats! Happy for you.

Unfortunately Best Buy does not send stuff outside US (I am in UK), while Borders does.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #104
Clap42
Clap42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hi,
I ordered online at Borders.com a Sony PRS-350 on Feb 11th. I didn't receive it yet (Canada, BC). I have emailed them twice since then, to ask them about my order confirmation (which I never received), but they didn't answer. The credit card payment has been done (confirmed with the bank).
As I have heard about Borders US going under bankruptcy, I'm now pretty afraid about my order... Do you think Borders will honor my order?
Clap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #105
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap42 View Post
Hi,
I ordered online at Borders.com a Sony PRS-350 on Feb 11th. I didn't receive it yet (Canada, BC). I have emailed them twice since then, to ask them about my order confirmation (which I never received), but they didn't answer. The credit card payment has been done (confirmed with the bank).
As I have heard about Borders US going under bankruptcy, I'm now pretty afraid about my order... Do you think Borders will honor my order?
I bought a PRS-350 from Borders that was shipped on January 24th. It took 17 days to get here but I did get it. It was delivered by Canada Post in BC.

They gave me a tracking number of 00000000, which never got updated, so I was unable to track the shipment.

I got an email confirming my order had been shipped, at which time by CC was charged. Try checking your spam folder for any emails.

I hope it's just a matter of time for you.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote