Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
hoggwild89
hoggwild89 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3gs
Computer wont see kindle

Kindle 3gs, screensaver hack done three months ago, all seems to work fine but now I cant get any computer to "see" my kindle via USB. tried two win7 pcs and an XP.

any suggestions?
hoggwild89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
are you sure your usb port is working correctly? I have... 6 I think on this computer, and one does not function correctly. also check your cable.

welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Does the computers see any other USB (storage) device when plugged into the same ports?
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
My computer does this occasionally. I have to restart the computer and that seems to fix it. I think it is a USB malfunction.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I have a Mac Book Pro which sometimes doesn't recognize my Kindle (or another external disk). When I restart the PC, with the Kindle attached; my Kindle will show up again. Perhaps this will work for you.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert