Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
DaAfroSheenQueen
DaAfroSheenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iphone 3GS, netbook
I'm buying my nephew a kindle for christmas so I can send him books with this feature and the one click feature (I'll register his kindle to my account). I usually buy him lots of random books that I find on sale for dirt cheap and ship them to him every couple of months (he's an avid reader and has TONS of books in his room). He's also very into tech and gadgets and anything electronic. So I'm hoping its the best of both worlds and I can retain my crown and throne as the "cool auntie".
DaAfroSheenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAfroSheenQueen View Post
I'm buying my nephew a kindle for christmas so I can send him books with this feature and the one click feature (I'll register his kindle to my account). I usually buy him lots of random books that I find on sale for dirt cheap and ship them to him every couple of months (he's an avid reader and has TONS of books in his room). He's also very into tech and gadgets and anything electronic. So I'm hoping its the best of both worlds and I can retain my crown and throne as the "cool auntie".
Nevermind "cool auntie" but defo a generous one!

Wish I had one of those Generous aunty I mean - I have a Kindle.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #18
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Nevermind "cool auntie" but defo a generous one!

Wish I had one of those Generous aunty I mean - I have a Kindle.
Agreed!

I think it's a unique thing, giving someone a book, and I enjoyed reading the thoughts in this thread about people who both enjoy giving and receiving them. There have been so many times when I've finished a book and told a friend: "You would love this!" Sometimes they read it and sometimes they don't, and that difference in itself seemed to be a good measure of the quality of the friendship. Only my better friends will actually take the time to check out something I recommend, it seems.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #19
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAfroSheenQueen View Post
I'm buying my nephew a kindle for christmas so I can send him books with this feature and the one click feature (I'll register his kindle to my account).
This is so sweet! What a blessed young man he is with and auntie like you!

I love the gift feature. Although Amazon gift cards are always great to get, specific books seem like a much more personal gift.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My In Laws sent me a couple of my books on my Christmas list and the system worked perfectly. You get an email from Amazon telling you that you have a book waiting for you. When you click on the link, it brings you to the book page. You can choose to select the book there and it goes straight into your Kindle Account.

You have the option of choosing a different email account, so if someone sends you an e-book to the wrong email address you can fix that. If you do not want that particular book you click on the "How does this work" link on the books page and it gives you instructions on how to get a gift card.

"Congratulations! You've been given a Kindle Book gift.

When you accept your gift you'll be able to immediately download your new Kindle Book to a Kindle device or Kindle reading application.

New to Kindle Books? Click to download our free reading applications for your computer or mobile device or learn more about the Kindle wireless reading device.

Want to exchange your gift? We'll be happy to offer you an Amazon.com Gift Card of equivalent value good towards millions of Kindle Books and other items on Amazon.com.

Click to contact Kindle customer service and request a gift card by e-mail or phone. When contacting us, please reference your gift order number,"
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #21
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Someone asked this on twitter:
Can you use the address given to you by Kindle to gift books?

I couldn't find any answer on Amazon about it.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I doubt it. I received an email that told me I had been given a book. When I click on the link for that book, it brings me to Amazon's site and allows me to accept the gift, change the email address so it matches my Kindle account email address, or get a gift certificate.

Since your Kindle email address does not actually receive email I don't think you would be able to actually open and accept the gift.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
I gifted myself the Kindle 3...does that count?
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote