Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
$10 free gift card when purchase $50 at Borders

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...id=SA_20101201

saw the B&N deal listed here for quite a while. Borders gives out 10 dollars for 50 instead of 100. Does not say it on the site anywhere I could find, but the emailed offer said the limit was one bonus card per person per day. Pretty good deal all around.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If I'm reading this right, it's a $10 coupon, redeemable in-store only, and only redeemable from 12/26 through 12/31.

I tried to find the small print, but couldn't, but there's usually small print in Borders coupons that exclude most electronics, etc.

I'm really not interested in print books any more. I just don't think this is a great deal. YMMV, of course.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
I am a Borders Rewards customer and regularly earn Borders Bonus Bucks from my purchases. Unfortunately, I find that they always expire because there aren't any ebooks I can use them on. I've complained to Borders' Customer Service about the lack of books that can be purchased using the Borders Bucks I have earned through their program, but only got back a disingenuous "we're sorry." Seems to me that there is no reason why Borders should restrict the use of Borders Bucks on non-Agency books since they can and do already discount them. I'd rather have to "pay" full price in Borders Bucks than get no benefit at all.

As a result of this problem at Borders, I am starting to spend more of my ebook dollars at BooksOnBoard. The prices between the two seem to vary up and down, but on balance they are about the same for the books I buy and BooksOnBoard has a rewards program that they treat like cash ... I can use the points on ANY ebook they sell.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I ordered one of these last week and also saw the fine print about on-site and only for one week on the site. I'll post what comes with the card, when it comes. If it's that restricted, it's still a deal for me as I'll give it to my daughter, who prefers paperbacks, and who works at a restaurant next to a local Borders. She's hop in and use it up without a problem.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
They almost always work in the cafe ... so, three drinks for free while I glance thru their paper books and magazines (or use the internet or read my Kindle). Nice break while shopping...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Yes, mine came today; it is not like the other freebie gift cards I've gotten so far this fall; this one is yellow with a black circle and $10 FREE BONUS card on it - Valid Dec 26-31, 2010, in-store only; it's a thinner, plastic coated card. No problem as my daughter will use it and it was free.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote