Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #31
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
Rob - didnt get an email from bookland once I registered
mtravellerh - Don't see anything like this on the site. The IQ has already been flashed, so cant get anything from there...
No email? Yikes. That's odd, I got my email from Bookland immediately after creating an account there. Try to create an account there again, maybe it didn't take the first time. Otherwise I recommend sending an email to Bookland. Their email address is on the site somewhere. I had to email them before...they respond, but slowly.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Mine ended up in the junk mail folder, so that might be the place to check first, in case you forgot.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So am I the only one who is having trouble with it?
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...pocketbook-iq/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #34
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Your review is a snarky fun one , but I'd say your device was faulty in some way. People have not reported the need to reset it constantly or non-functioning markets.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #35
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Your review is a snarky fun one , but I'd say your device was faulty in some way. People have not reported the need to reset it constantly or non-functioning markets.
I have noticed that here on MR, yes.

Edit: Thanks!
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #36
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I guess, so far, you are the only one who has trouble with IQ.
This firmware update works great and reading app got faster and handles PDFs faster.

You might have a defected device... just return yours and get back a new one. The review.... from my point of view.. it sucks.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
I guess, so far, you are the only one who has trouble with IQ.
This firmware update works great and reading app got faster and handles PDFs faster.

You might have a defected device... just return yours and get back a new one. The review.... from my point of view.. it sucks.
I have to be true to my experiences.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #38
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
I have to be true to my experiences.
True, you are being honest with what you are experiencing. However, my experience has been quite different so far.

Maybe some sort of update later on could be a goof idea if your experience changes for a better one?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #39
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Nate--Don't feel alone. I have had problems, too. I did post about them, but I guess they got lost in all the other posts. I got help at the time though, so it's all good. Anyway, I was having trouble with the screen--getting anything to happen on a tap or even a push. I had to fight with the original file manager, but the new one seems better. But it is still difficult to navigate. I also have trouble with SlideMe--on the first unit it froze, on the replacement it doesn't freeze, but it also doesn't show me all the apps it says are in a particular category. I have the new EU firmware, and I agree with your comments about the color on the homepage. I've been able to get Aldiko installed and working, but I'm an Android noob so I have trouble installing and especially deleting apps.

The good news is that it is very easy to exchange--at least from the point of view of being "authorized" to do it--I know it's not easy to mail it and then wait for the new one to arrive. I called tech support, and the guy I talked with seemed to be reasonably knowledgeable considering how new the IQ is, and I happen to live near one of the two kiosks in the US, so exchanging was easy for me.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #40
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
My IQ also has some oddities, but I'm not sure how much of it is due to the limitations of the Android platform and my own lack of familiarity with it. (I spent a minute playing around with the unlock feature before I figured it out. I've never used anything like Android or iOS.) I am a bit disappointed that the IQ doesn't utilise the 2GB internal memory, but apparently that's a limitation of Android 2.0. Would like to uninstall the Sudoku app after finding a better one, but apparently I need root access for that. I'd agree with Nate that it does seem like a person needs to be familiar with the Linux filesystem in order to navigate around the IQ, though I can't say I've had the problems he describes.

Has anybody had the problem of automatic brightness settings not stick? When I use it at nighttime and first set it for automatic brightness, the screen will go dim, but after using the tablet for a bit longer, it'll revert back to its bright settings. I can always adjust brightness manually, of course, but I'd like to know if this is a quirk specific to my IQ.

In regards to the resistive touchscreen, I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how responsive it is. Sure, it responds better to a tap rather than a light touch, but I don't find it laborious to use so far. I'm rather enjoying my Pocketbook IQ experience so far. The new firmware has made the Pocketbook Reader app feel much more responsive.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #41
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I didn't have any problems with flashing the IQ and have installed Aldiko, Kindle and eReader apps. They all work well. My biggest complaint is the having to remember to give the wireless time to reconnect. Also, frequently my wireless won't reconnect after coming back out of hibernation but it may be my ancient router.

Tonight I had to take my son for basketball tryouts and decided to stay at the school. Their wifi is unsecured and I had no problems connecting to the internet.

Nate, if you think you have problems with the IQ don't even look at the Maylong 150.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I didn't have any problems with flashing the IQ and have installed Aldiko, Kindle and eReader apps. They all work well. My biggest complaint is the having to remember to give the wireless time to reconnect. Also, frequently my wireless won't reconnect after coming back out of hibernation but it may be my ancient router.

Tonight I had to take my son for basketball tryouts and decided to stay at the school. Their wifi is unsecured and I had no problems connecting to the internet.

Nate, if you think you have problems with the IQ don't even look at the Maylong 150.
I've already tried the Maylong M-150. It sucked. Of course, I went in expecting it to suck, so I was only amused and not disappointed.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #43
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Not alone, but you do seem to have more and more serious problems than we're seeing round these parts.
And when you consider that on the net you have a built-in reporting bias towards troubled experiences...

I would try to see if I could isolate the cause of the problems.
Try to reflash your unit to clean it up, run it without any installed apps or any SD card. Maybe add one of the apps nobody reports issues with (Kindle, Dolphin HD) and see if you have trouble with them.

It might a sample defect unit or it could be a specific app muching up the environment or even the brand of SD card. (The PB360 has a great rep but it also has a known issue with slower SanDisk flash cards, for example.)

Your experience is valid but for now it's something of an outlier. Might be good to know why.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
Rob - didnt get an email from bookland once I registered
mtravellerh - Don't see anything like this on the site. The IQ has already been flashed, so cant get anything from there...
I didn't mean on the site. You can find your serial number there.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #45
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Nate, I absolutely think you got a faulty IQ there. Your video experiences are "strange", to say the least, especially the second one. I was like "huh?" for a while and thought you made a gag there.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote