Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Bit the bullet and bought a 650 Need a cover

So I took advantage of the B&H sale, seeing as Im in canada and they are normally 250 + tax, I saved a good deal of cash.

Now I need a cover and I would prefer one that I can bend behind the reader, M-Edge has a bunch of their covers on sale, does anyone know if the 600 cases are compatible with the 650?
Other brand recommendations would be great!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I think i'm the only one that likes the Sony cover with the light in it
Does the job and the light is handy
The reader will pop out if you drop the lot though, as i found out yesterday
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I like the Sony cover without the light. Bends back easily and looks good.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
thanks guys, I dont really care about the light, as I dont read in dark places anyhow
which sony case was that Doreen? just the normal premium like:
http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/s...52921665924173
or the more expensive?
http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/s...ditionalImage4
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
jstandfield
jstandfield began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have a leather cover by Oberon Design and I love it. however i checked their website and it doesn't look like they make covers for the Sony anymore. A shame really.
jstandfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstandfield View Post
I have a leather cover by Oberon Design and I love it. however i checked their website and it doesn't look like they make covers for the Sony anymore. A shame really.
I think they're waiting to see what demand's like, rather than definitely not making covers for the new Sonys. It might be worth e-mailing and registering an interest.

Last edited by mediax; 11-15-2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: literacy (lack of)
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
envy
Brown Eyed Girl
envy doesn't litterenvy doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs 600, Nook, Sony prs 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
I think i'm the only one that likes the Sony cover with the light in it
Does the job and the light is handy
The reader will pop out if you drop the lot though, as i found out yesterday
I like it too and so does my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
The one with the light does bend easily and looks perfectly fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
thanks guys, I dont really care about the light, as I dont read in dark places anyhow
which sony case was that Doreen? just the normal premium like:
http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/s...52921665924173
or the more expensive?
http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/s...ditionalImage4
I like the second link you posted. the cover looks more in line with bendabilty and it looks better than the first one, which I don't think has that ability
envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
I have the $40 one ... the second link above. It bends back very well ... and I picked it up at my local Future Shop.
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have the $40 too. Well, in the UK you don't have a choice. It is the only one available. I like it. I honestly believe that Sony's is the most practical one.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstandfield View Post
I velcro'ed my 650 into one of their small journal covers.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I have the one with the light and it's great. Folds back easily and I think the light arrangement is the best one I've used so far. Better than the one on the new Kindle and far better than the wedge.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
fishman69
Enthusiast
fishman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sonys - 500, 505, 900, T1; Kindles - 2, 3; Nook - Touch
Just be aware that the 600 covers do NOT fit the 650. When I bought my 650, I had a 600 cover from my dying 505 (original cover broke) but the 650 is about a quarter inch smaller than the 600/505 so it did not fit. Had to hurry up and buy the 650 cover.

When I bought the 650, there was a promotion to include the cover with the light but the store that I bought it from (Abt) was out of stock so I wound up buying the regular cover as mentioned above. They finally shipped the cover with the light and I find that I do not like it at all.

Harvey
fishman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
I have the Sony lighted covers for both my 650 and 350, and I love them! I'm able to read in the living room while others are watching TV without having to have a super-bright lamp blasting reflections on their TV show. (I need a lot of light due to an eye condition.) And since I take the 350 in my bag when traveling, I'm prepared for whatever lighting situation might come up, in train, plane, or automobile.

Oh, and they're both totally bendable, lying flat and comfortable in the hand. I tried 3 different m-edge covers with my 600 and a nook I had for a while... way too heavy and would not fold flat behind the reader. Not having the built-in light was a pain too... always having to dig through a bag for it...
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
You'd be surprised how much difference a little light will make in conditions where you'd never think use a light before
Certainly has improved my reading experience
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote