Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
Question Stripper

Do you know of any free e-book DRM-stripping software for Windows? I just want a simple program where I can put in encrypted e-books and take out non-DRMed e-books. Is there any software like that that can automatically crack the encryption and automatically remove the DRM for e-books, audiobooks, and/or Kindle apps?
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Google is your friend. We do not encourage discussion of DRM removal tools here at MR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
Do you know of any free e-book DRM-stripping software for Windows?
Yes, they do exist.

Quote:
I just want a simple program where I can put in encrypted e-books and take out non-DRMed e-books.
Is there any software like that that can automatically crack the encryption and automatically remove the DRM for e-books, audiobooks, and/or Kindle apps?
Yes, they do exist.

As Harry states, try Google - and then watch some results come back to MR
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

I don't want to remove the DRM for illegal purposes, I just want to be able to do things like download previously DRM-encrypted .mobi books to my Kindle 3.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
I don't want to remove the DRM for illegal purposes, I just want to be able to do things like download previously DRM-encrypted .mobi books to my Kindle 3.
Sadly, per the DMCA, the act of removing DRM is illegal even though DRM conflicts with fair use.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
Stonecold
Connoisseur

Sigh...
Old 10-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Sigh...
I agree.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Sigh...
No need to sigh, it doesn't stop many people
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
treetotree
Connoisseur
treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle DXG,prs-350, wife k3
Does anyone know if this is a legit. company? I am afraid to download anything without knowing. I do not want to infect my computer with anything.
Thanks
treetotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetotree View Post
Does anyone know if this is a legit. company? I am afraid to download anything without knowing. I do not want to infect my computer with anything.
Thanks
Looks .... nothing there ?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
treetotree
Connoisseur
treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

"Does anyone know if this is a legit. company? I am afraid to download anything without knowing. I do not want to infect my computer with anything.
Thanks "

http://www.ebook-converter.com/

Silly me I forgot to put the link in. I am not very good at this posting thing yet.
Sorry

Last edited by treetotree; 10-28-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
GeoffC

Converting ebooks to PDF?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
treetotree
Connoisseur

They have a free trial and $29.99 to buy it. I was going to try it but a dialog box popped up asking if I trusted the site, because it did not have some kind of license.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Probably what it did not have was a security certificate - but that doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with it.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
treetotree
Connoisseur

Thanks TGS