Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
Almagne
Enthusiast
Almagne began at the beginning.

More ghosting with ver 2.9.1

Has anyone noticed more ghosting when viewing PDF's after updating to 2.9?

Here is what I found without panning:
1- set to a blank notes page and then added a second page. Both are blank. It took 10 (ten) page turns, back and forth, to completely eliminate all the ghosting. At six page turns the ghosting was not apparent, but after 10 it was all gone.
2- I then hit the notes button, so the content lister came back up and immediately selected the blank notes page. So the content lister was only sent to the screen once.
3- Ghosting is apparent in the blank notes page. It takes about three page turns to eliminate the ghosting.
4- Hit the document button twice to call up my last document. As I page through the document the ghosting is pretty apparent. The point is that the screen was pretty clean from the blank notes page, so most of the ghosting is from the current document.

I do not remember it this bad under ver 2.8. It is not terrible, but it does not seem as clean as it was. Yes there always some ghosting, (especially if the iLiad was on the cold windowsill the ghosting was pretty bad while the screen was physically cold.) I am wondering if the refresh of the screen was changed under 2.9.

Anyone else notice this with 2.9?
Almagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
With every update the ghosting is worse and worse for me too.
I think they made the refresh effect to be shorter to make the page turns fater.
Although the page rendering has accelerated with every update too and now the page turning is really fast, so we could now afford less ghosting at the expense of slower refresh.
IMHO the ghosting depends on how long the screen will be black before the new page appears. Unfortunately people have different tastes, and you should really be a B2B customer to persuade iRex that display quality is more important than page turning speed.
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
you should have the possibility to change the speed ..
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack
you should have the possibility to change the speed ..
IIRC, that the waveform is in a wav file. It should be as simple as installing the 2.8 waveform in 2.9.

Anyway, I recommend to wait until iRex release the "unbrick"/flash solution prior to changing those sensible parts of the iliad.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote