Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Russification firmware?? Will I have folders again?

If I use the Russification firmware, will I gain the use of folders and sub-folders?
If you have Russified you 650, can you tell me how stable it is, and how well you like the change? Thanks

Last edited by Frankr; 10-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
this firmware is purely for Russian language support, it is NOT a replacement firmware, but just a hack to the original one.
So the folder structure has not been changed - still collections only.
I dont believe there is an alternative firmware for the newer models yet...

ps there are some other changes, like an ability to assign different actions to zoom and Options button (eg you can make them into page on/page back buttons).
I am using this altered firmware and it seems stable to me - havent had any problems with it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by SmartyPants; 10-17-2010 at 07:11 AM.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Homsa
Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Pocketbook 302, iPad, Kindle3, Sony 650, Kindle4 NT
Stable on my 650, additional actions on zoon and options buttons (as SmartyPants said) and russian keyboard as addition to english keyboard made life easier for me
Homsa is offline   Reply With Quote