Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Hi All,

Ive justed purchased my first E-Book Sony Reader. Love it!

My only issue is one of living in Australia. Ive downloaded some public domain books, which is nice and all...

Both Angus and Robertson and Borders have clunky E-Stores. Im into Science Fiction and Fantasy, and being only able to browse by hitting the 'next' button on Borders, with its 4000+ titles seems painful.

Could somebody recommend me a few Sci-Fi + Fantasy books that are worth buying that are not geo-locked out of Australia? Post-Apocolyptic sub-genre would be most welcomed !

Its disappointing to see so many titles Id love to read, geo-locked. Its like the online music industry of 10 years ago. Time to ditch the DRM, and just let the E-book bird fly Publishers. There are a tonne of us that just want to buy books, and we will...if you let us.

Thanks

Look at the WebScription site, for authors from Australia:

http://www.webscription.net/m-12-for...ublishing.aspx

http://www.webscription.net/p-723-jo...-couriers.aspx

The first link is for Ford Street Publishing.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
Mathew Riley. Freaking AWESOME author. probably considered more hidden history and action adventure than true sci-fi, but he's fast passed and doesn't shirk from killing characters off if they get in the way of the story (to the chagrin of many fans)

Matthew Reilly, publisher of whom recently raised prices almost double in Australia, so his new ebook is about $26.

When you could get 4-5 others for the same price.

So I'd suggest getting that one for free, not paying for it, given the large ripoff.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #18
slognoth
slognoth began at the beginning.

Device: Gemstar
GeoffC, thank you for the welcome. I lost this link when my computer crashed so I am glad I recieved a notification email.

MrZ, did you find some books to read?

ATDrake, if you are interested there is a Sime Gen Group on FB where the authors and fans meet. https://www.facebook.com/groups/121838917889519/
slognoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
If you're into Self-published authors, I personally really LOVE Andrea K Host's ebooks
(Smashwords Link)

Turing evolved by David Kitson still needs a throurough editing pass. In the meantime, it's FREE, so if you've some time, yo can download it and see if you can get past the small errors. I did, and must say that the story in itself really is worth it.
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote