Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 05-15-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
chimera
chimera began at the beginning.

Help with login on webpage and isiloX

Just wanted to say this is a great site and I was hoping for some help on a project I need to get done.

There are numerous medical texts on a website called www.mdconsult.com that I have access to and would like to convert to isilo format. Unfortunately the site has a login and pwd integrated onto to the index page of the site.

I've read previous threads on how to get around this problem using such tactics as http://usernamewd@www.mdconsult.com and the cookie approach with moxilla to no avail.

I really really need these texts to be mobile on my palm and I'm hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:19 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Chimera,

You could give this one a try:

In iSiloX, add this link to the urls of your channel:

http://home.mdconsult.com/start_session?autologin=true&user=yourusername&pas sword=yourpass

Replace yourusername and yourpass according to your login information.

Also enable receive/send cookies in the cookies setting.

I cannot guarantee if that works; it is difficult to find out a solution without having access to the member site.

Greets
Alexander
Old 05-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
chimera
chimera began at the beginning.

Alexander-

Thanks for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.

So I tried what you suggested, it worked, and logged me into the home page without a problem. Unfortunately the pages I wanted to isilo are based off the home page, and most embedded links off the intial page are requiring a login, that normally does not occur after logging in on my webbrowser.

Please help. I've sent you a PM with some more information as well.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
chimera, I've sent you a PM back. Please let me hear from you in this thread if it is working.

Greets
Alex