Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Sarah Zettel
Sarah Zettel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
New Around Here

Hi! I'm Sarah Zettel, and I just got my Sony eReader and am completely in love with it, especially since I took it on the plane and was able to copy-edit a manuscript on the flight.

I'm also an author with ebooks for sale at www.bookviewcafe.com which I obviously want to trumpet, but do not want to be annoying about it. Can somebody point me to where's appropriate that sort of thing?
Sarah Zettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Mobileread. It's good to have authors here.

There isn't really a specific forum for authors to tout their books. I don't think anyone would mind a mention of the books in the lounge. Or perhaps even in Deals, Freebies and Resources. (e.g. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=657166 )

Bookviewcafe.com's the site Vonda McIntyre's involved with, isn't it? A very good idea.

And I'd be there buying some ebooks, if I hadn't sworn off buying any more ebooks until 2010... my "to be read" pile is under 400 ebooks, but only just!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Zettel View Post
Hi! I'm Sarah Zettel, and I just got my Sony eReader and am completely in love with it, especially since I took it on the plane and was able to copy-edit a manuscript on the flight.

I'm also an author with ebooks for sale at www.bookviewcafe.com which I obviously want to trumpet, but do not want to be annoying about it. Can somebody point me to where's appropriate that sort of thing?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Sarah Zettel

Yep, that's the one. Glad to hear you think it's a good idea. Be sure to think of us when 2010 rolls around (VBG!)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Sara! We do love having authors join and participate in the forums.

Which Sony did you get? I have the 505 and love it!

Book View Cafe seems to be getting bigger and bigger. It's nice to have a few of the authors participate on MR. Vonda N. McIntyre, Steven Harper Piziks, and Sue Lange are a few from BVC that have dropped in. (Let me know if I've missed any.)

for putting your books up in various formats (PDF, EPUB, MOBI, .prc, .lit, .lrf ).

Welcome again, and just jump in and ask if you have any questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Sarah Zettel

I got the big red one, without wireless (VBG).

I am loving it. When I was in NYC, I was reading my manuscript on the subway, when a girl sat beside me and announced, "What's that?! Oh, wow! That's COOL!!"

When a New York City young person says you're cool, you're really cool
Old 11-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sarah Zettel and welcome to MobileRead. Sounds like you have the 600. I have a 505 and wouldn't give it up for anyting
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	girly.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	39715 Sarah, and welcome to MR.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book view cafe, new books, new member, sarah zettel