Old 03-12-2004, 03:54 AM   #1
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast
kennethmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Treo680
Lost my ixl file....

Oh man.....

I just lost my own personal WCC file...

I had a bunch of channels set up how I wanted (no, I didn't make a backup...) and for some crazy reason... I went in and tried to organize the display.

This wasn't really that big of a list (20 or so channels), but I created "---DAILY---", "---WEEKLY---" and "---OCCASSIONAL---" entries in an effort to group items. Basically, some dummy entries. In order to create these entries, I had to put *something* in the URL field. At first I put http:// but later went back and just put a space there.

I was moving these section titles around and wanted to add some space. So I created some blank entries (space in title, space in URL). I created one and copied and pasted some more throughout the document list.... when all of a sudden, I got a program error (Dr. Watson). I had wcc120a.ixl open as well so I closed that. When I went to open my own WCC file it opened up blank. Looking at the file in Windows showed it to be 0K. That's zero KB....

I don't know how this happened, but I do know that it wasn't too smart to be playing around with the ixl file without a backup. Very sad, frustrated...

oh well... starting to rebuild.....
Old 03-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
What's that old expression from Leisure Suit Larry?

Oh yea, "Save early, save often."

Sorry to hear of your troubles. We've all been there.