Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #1546
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Btw. do you remember Giana Sisters?
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #1547
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
Btw. do you remember Giana Sisters?
Nah, I was only two years old when that game came out.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #1548
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Procratinating as always, I found a list of phobias I couldn't even imagine. Here are the ones that struck me as quite...original!

Bald people- Peladophobia. (!!!)

Books- Bibliophobia

Friday the 13th- Paraskavedekatriaphobia (say that 5 times fast!)

Mother-in-law- Pentheraphobia (dad, could this apply to you? kidding!)

Money- Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia.

Otters- Lutraphobia.

Puppets- Pupaphobia (sadly, there is no fear of psockpuppets)

Work- Ergophobia or Ponophobia

Last edited by Verencat; 06-11-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #1549
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Procratinating as always, I found a list of phobias I couldn't even imagine. Here are the ones that struck me as quite...original!
How about clowns, they even give pshrynk the willies.

*edit* Clowns- Coulrophobia. (I missed seeing your link, duh!)

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-11-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #1550
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
hmmm a fear of:

Phobias- Phobophobia
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #1551
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
hmmm a fear of:

Phobias- Phobophobia
I know!

There is that one too, appropriate and somewhat related to me

Lyssophobia- Fear of becoming mad.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #1552
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I know!

There is that one too, appropriate and somewhat related to me

Lyssophobia- Fear of becoming mad.
I'm fonder of lyssophilia myself. And so am I. I'm not. After you. No, no, after you. Why, thank-you, kind sir. [whistles "Ca Plane Pour Moi" as they walk off down the road and into the moon-set]

Cheers,
Us & Them
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #1553
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've discovered that I have Lutrophobia. Otters -- the new squirrels. (They're amphibious, so jumping in the pool doesn't save you!)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #1554
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
the world is mad as a mad hatter can be when she gets so mad that mad doesn't quite explain how mad madness can be in a mad world.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #1555
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OTTERS ARE TAKING

OVER THE WORLD!!!!!

really, they are!!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #1556
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
OTTERS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!!

really, they are!!
definitely. most homes will have at least one water otter...

(I know, I know, old joke!)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #1557
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you are all getting otter and otter with each passing moment in time
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #1558
pshrynk

See? See?!? They've got Geoff already!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #1559
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
See? See?!? They've got Geoff already!

so that's what happened to me this morning in a bright haze of fug and rainbows over my head....
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #1560
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
This thread is OTTERLY MAD!
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness