Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #31
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
X, could you try both of the following links and tell me if you see any difference?

http://www.mobileread.mobi/debug1.htm
http://www.mobileread.mobi/debug2.htm
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #32
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
X, could you try both of the following links and tell me if you see any difference?

http://www.mobileread.mobi/debug1.htm
This one worked for me

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #33
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the effort. Wow, this doesn't look good for sure. And you said you didn't have this problem before the last upgrade? I am trying to figure out what could cause the display to behave as it does on your Bolt.
Correct this problem only started showing up until the upgrade..
Oh not the bolt but the Storm the BB with the touch screen, I believe I heard somewhere that the browser was completely written for the Storm OS.

=X=
Old 01-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #34
=X=
Wizard

Alex thank you for fixing the issue so quickly. The site is working great.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #35
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Alex thank you for fixing the issue so quickly. The site is working great.
No problem. Thanks for reporting!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd like to add a request. I noticed there was a link (on the top level) to mark all posts read. But not one to mark the current forum read.

But beside that, this works awesome! (except this is rather draining on my power )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #37
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd like to add a request. I noticed there was a link (on the top level) to mark all posts read. But not one to mark the current forum read.
Click "Forum tools" on top of the message list in the forum.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There is no forum tools on top of the message list in the mobile version
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #39
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

We'll consider it for the next update.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #40
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Hey Alexander,

just a little feature request: I'm using my iPhone to access mobileread.mobi (no, I don't want an iPhone specific website, so you may read on ) and use a mobile RSS reader. It would be great to have the feeds at www.mobileread.mobi/feeds/xxx.xml link to mobileread.mobi threads instead of mobileread.com threads. Is that possible?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #41
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
Hey Alexander,

just a little feature request: I'm using my iPhone to access mobileread.mobi (no, I don't want an iPhone specific website, so you may read on ) and use a mobile RSS reader. It would be great to have the feeds at www.mobileread.mobi/feeds/xxx.xml link to mobileread.mobi threads instead of mobileread.com threads. Is that possible?
Absolutely. I will add it on the to-do list for the next update.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #42
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I've been using the Mobile website and like it quite a lot. I have two suggestions:

1. Include a link to the mobile website in a prominent position on the regular website...I didn't save the mobile website as a favorite right away so every time I wanted to use it I had to google for it. Having a link in a prominent position on the regular website will make it easier for me and others to find it and use it.

2. Many websites I surf to from my mobile device recognize the mobile device and automatically directs me to the mobile website even when I've entered the main website address in my mobile browser....could this also be done here?
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #43
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hello Julie, thank you for your suggestions.

1. Yes, a prominent link is long overdue. Going to work on it asap.

2. We do have an automated redirect in place, but as it turned out, it was somewhat overzealous also redirecting users with certain non-mobile browsers. We will have to review the code and apply the necessary fixes before turning it on again.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #44
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Just logged in to the mobileread.mobi site from my iphone after a few weeks and noticed somthing's changed.

I'm no longer able to jump straight to the end of threads ( the little arrow that allowed that appears to be gone).

This a pain especially foe longer threads which are often dozens of pages long.

Has this been done on purpose, or is it a symptom of some other change.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #45
=X=
Wizard

I've noticed that only when I'm not logged in. Are you logged in?
=X=